A membership funnel was designed to allow you the opportunity to provide your content in a unique and fun way. This funnel will include the following steps: Membership Access to register and sign up, and a Membership Area. You will have the ability to control the content your customer has access to based on what they opt in for or purchase.
By the end of this document, you should be able to answer:
- What is a membership funnel?
- What are the 3 main areas within the members area step?
- What would I use a membership funnel for?
- What is restricted access within a members area?
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
Please watch the video below, in full screen:
A Membership Area is where customers are able to access a digital product they have purchased. The Membership Area is a step within a membership funnel. Your customer can access your product by registering for an account through the Secret Sign Up URL found in your membership funnel’s Membership Area step.
There are 3 main areas that you will work with within a Membership Funnel’s Membership Area step:
1. Secret Sign Up URL
2. Login URL
3. Membership Area Lessons
Membership Funnels allow you to lock certain areas of your Membership Area based on what your customer’s purchased. If your customers purchase additional offers the restricted access will be lifted and the content under the restriction will become visible to the customer when they visit the Membership Area.
Let’s go over the basic framework but, don’t forget you can easily add other pages to further customize this type of funnel.
- You’re going to customize the Membership Access Area where people can register and sign up for your membership site.
- You’re going to customize the content in the Membership Area, set up your permission levels, set up drip delay for when your content is going to become available at a later time and so on.
Here are the key takeaways for this document:
- A membership funnel will include the following steps: A Membership Access area for clients to register and sign up, and a Membership Area.
- A Membership Area is where customers are able to access a digital product they purchased.
- You are able to customize permission levels and do drip based content based on when they signed up.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.