If you do not have a full SMTP provider like Sendgrid or SparkPost, you can still send transactional emails to your contacts by connecting a ClickFunnels Transactional Email to your domain. Transactional emails include order confirmations, welcome emails, password resets, email receipts, or any other emails sent at the point an action is taken by the contact.
If you want to send marketing emails as well, it is recommended you integrate a full SMTP provider instead. More information on SMTP Email Integrations can be found here.
This setup is recommended for anyone on the $97/month Basic Plan to ensure you can send transactional emails from your funnels. It is also an optional setup for the $297/month Platinum Plan and above. However, please note that it is not possible to send Follow-Up Funnel or Broadcast emails with this setup.
This article will cover how to connect a ClickFunnel Transactional email to an internal domain, or a domain purchased through ClickFunnels. If you would like to use an external domain, or a domain not purchased through ClickFunnels, please follow the steps in the article here.
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
Setting Up A Transactional Email With An Internal Domain
1. From your ClickFunnels dashboard, hover over your account icon in the upper right-hand corner and click Account Settings from the dropdown menu.
2. Scroll down and select Email Integrations (SMTP) from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
3. Select the Transactional Only option.
If you already have at least one SMTP set up, you’ll first need to click the Add email integration button first.
4. Enter a name for your integration under the Title field. This is for your reference only and will not be seen by your contacts.
5. Enter a From Name. This is the name that will display as the sender of the message in each email.
6. Enter a From Email. This is the email address that your emails will show as being sent from. It will also be the address that users respond to if they choose to reply to the email.
7. From the dropdown menu, select the internal domain you would like to use under the Domain field.
8. Enter the physical address for your business.
9. Enter whatever information you would like to include in the footer of your emails under the SMTP Footer field. This section supports HTML code.
Important Note: It is recommended that you include an unsubscribe link in your footers. We’ve included an unsubscribe link in the HTML footer code example below. To use, simply replace Company Name with your own company name and 123 Address, City, State, Zip with your business's physical address.
<center><p>Company Name | 123 Address, City, State, Zip | 9876543210</p>
10. Toggle on/off the switch indicating whether you would like to make this the Default SMTP Integration.
11. Click Save SMTP Integration.
Important Note: It may take some time for everything to verify. Once your Transactional Email is verified and ready to use, a green smiley face icon will appear next to your Transactional Email under your list of Email Configurations.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.