Learn to integrate an outside Subdomain into ClickFunnels. You'll want to integrate a subdomain if you wish to use a branded domain in ClickFunnels but want to keep the existing domain pointing to another website outside of ClickFunnels (i.e. Your Shopify Store or WordPress Blog etc.).
Prior to getting started, you will need the following:
- An external registered domain
Important Note: We currently do not support an IDN (International Domain Name). A special character is considered a letter that is not in the English alphabet. Some examples of specials characters are æ, ø, å, ö, ä, ü and é.
Important Note: since we are unable to support all registrars, these general directions are intended to assist with the CNAME record creation. For the simplest, step-by-step setup, we recommend you use Cloudflare instead, which includes directions on how to connect with your existing registrar. If you want to try and add to your existing domain, you can continue from here instead with general instructions. It can take 24-48 hours for DNS Records to fully propagate.
- From within your domain Registrar, navigate to your DNS Records. Depending on your Host, this may be in an Advanced Zone Editor, DNS Records, or somewhere else entirely.
- In your DNS Records, locate where it says to "Add a Record" and click it.
- Depending on your Registrar, the specific wording may vary at this point. However, you want to create a Name for your CNAME record (this would be your subdomain i.e. if your domain will be go.domain.com, your Name for your subdomain would be "go").
- Like above, the name of the next step may vary by provider. Typically, it will say something like Points To, or Target. You want to type target.clickfunnels.com in this field.
- Add your record.
- If unsure whether changes were made, check on your domain propagation here.
- If it is still not propagating, please contact your Registrar's Support for assistance.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.