Own a custom domain that was purchased outside of ClickFunnels? If you would like to add that external custom domain so that it may be used in your funnels, this walkthrough can show you how.
One of the main reasons you would want to add your external custom domain to ClickFunnels is that it gives your funnels a refined brand. After connecting your domain to ClickFunnels, you won’t have to use the ClickFunnels subdomain in your funnels.
Your funnel's address using a ClickFunnels Subdomain:
Your funnel's address using a Custom External Domain:
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
- An external custom domain pointing to ClickFunnels
Important Note: An external custom domain is any domain you’ve purchased/obtained through a hosting service outside of ClickFunnels, such as Cloudflare, BlueHost, etc. If your external custom domain is not pointing to ClickFunnels, follow these links found below for setting up your CNAME records.
We currently do not support an IDN (International Domain Name). A special character is considered a letter that is not in the English alphabet. Some examples of specials characters are æ, ø, å, ö, ä, ü and é.
Step 1: Set up your CNAME record(s)
1. Follow the instructions in the article below if you want to point your root domain with ClickFunnels:
Set up Your Root Domain According to These Instructions
2.If you want to point a subdomain to ClickFunnels, instead, check the tutorial here:
If your external domain is already pointing to ClickFunnels, follow this process:
Step 2: Add your External Custom Domain
- From your ClickFunnels Dashboard hover over the main menu on the top right-hand corner and select Account Settings.
- On the left-hand side, select Domains.
- Select Add New Domain.
Select Use an existing domain.
- Enter your external custom domain.
Important note: If you’re using a subdomain different from ‘www’ (i.e. blog, shop, help, etc.), make sure to remove ‘www’ from the field.
- If your custom external domain is currently managed in Cloudflare, you’ll need to indicate this by checking the box above the Add domain button (optional).
- Select Add domain.
Step 3: Verify your External Custom Domain
- On the next page, select I've done this step.
- If this is your first time adding a domain you will get a pop-up with some domain information which you can review close.
- If you want to select a funnel from the list in the drop-down menu & click Associate funnel. (optional)
- If you associate a funnel to your domain at this time, the Default and 404/Error Pages will auto-populate with the first step of the funnel you select, click here to find out more about these pages
- If you would rather associate a funnel with your domain at a later time, you can skip this step by selecting Just show me my domains.
If you don’t associate a funnel to your domain at this time, you will need to select the Default and 404/Error Pages manually.
- You can also click on Domains on the left sidebar to navigate back to the Domain Screen.
4. Confirm your domain is verified.
Step 4: Add the SSL to your External Custom Domain
- Click the three dots next to your external domain and then click Edit.
- Next to SSL, click Expand.
- Click Add SSL.
- Wait about 10-15 minutes, as per the notification.
- Return and click "Expand."
- Click "Check Now."
- When successful this a success message will appear.
Important Note: If it has been more than 25 minutes and the SSL cannot be checked, and your domain is not SECURED, please reach out to our support team for further assistance.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.