Need help connecting your Cloudflare root domain with ClickFunnels? This article can help you point the non-www version of your Cloudflare domain to ClickFunnels (i.e. yourdomain.com). This means anyone who searches yourdomain.com will be directed to the funnel/page to which you’ve assigned your root domain in ClickFunnels.
This tutorial will also show you how to set up a page rule in Cloudflare. This page rule will redirect anyone visiting www. + your domain + .com to the non-www version you set up inside of ClickFunnels. In other words, anyone who visits yourdomain.com or www.yourdomain.com will be redirected to your funnel/page.
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
Step 1: Adding Your Root Domain CNAME Record
1. Log in to your Cloudflare account and click on the domain you wish to use.
2. Click on the DNS Settings tab located on the navigation bar at the top of the page.
3. Check your current records on this page and make sure there aren’t any other records pointing your root domain to any other external site. If such records exist, you will need to delete them. (optional)
a. Click Edit to the right of the record you need to delete.
b. Click Delete.
c. Confirm the deletion by clicking the red Delete button.
4. Click the + Add Record button located at the top of the list of DNS records.
5. Select CNAME from the drop-down menu under Type.
6. Enter the @ symbol under Name.
7. Enter target.clickfunnels.com under Target.
8. Click the Save button to the right of the record.
Step 2: Adding A WWW CNAME Record
1. Click the + Add Record button located at the top of the list of DNS records.
2. Select CNAME from the drop-down menu under Type.
3. Enter www under Name.
4. Enter the @ symbol under Target.
5. Click the Save button to the right of the record.
Step 3: Adding Your Page Redirect Rule
1. Click Page Rules located on the navigation bar at the top of the page.
2. Click the Create Page Rule button.
3. Enter your domain using this format: www.yourdomain.com/*
4. Select Forwarding URL from the settings dropdown menu.
5. Select 301 - Permanent Redirect from the Status Code dropdown menu.
6. Enter the destination URL using this format: https://yourdomain.com/$1
7. Click the Save and Deploy button.
Step 4: Adding Your Domain To Your ClickFunnels Account
After adding your CNAME Record(s) and page rules to point your Cloudflare domain to ClickFunnels, you will need to add it to your account.
It’s also worth noting that when adding your domain to ClickFunnels, you will check a box to confirm that your domain is managed by Cloudflare.
Check this article here for more information on adding your external custom domain to ClickFunnels.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.