This article will teach you how to add a CNAME record to GoDaddy for connecting your main domain. Going through this will ensure you can add your full website (www.yourwebsite.com) to ClickFunnels for use as a custom domain in your funnels, which can be helpful to your branding.
Why you would need this
If you have a domain registered in GoDaddy and want to use that domain exclusively in ClickFunnels, this will teach you how.
What you will need
Step 1. Create Your CNAME Record
- Sign into your GoDaddy Account.
- Select your Domain's DNS settings.
- If a CNAME with the name WWW exists, edit the target to target.clickfunnels.com.
- If it does not, click Add at the bottom right.
- Select CNAME.
- Enter WWW into the Name input.
- Enter target.clickfunnels.com as the value.
Step 2. Add a Forwarding Rule In GoDaddy
- Without leaving that screen, scroll down to your Forwarding Settings area
- Select https://.
- Enter www.YOURDOMAIN.com (replace YOURDOMAIN with your actual domain name).
- Select Permanent (301).
- Select Forward Only.
- Select "Update my Nameservers and DNS settings."
- Press Save.
What you can do now
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.