This article will teach you how to add a CNAME record to GoDaddy for connecting your main domain. Going through this will ensure you can add your full website (www.yourwebsite.com) to ClickFunnels for use as a custom domain in your funnels, which can be helpful to your branding.
What you will need:
Step 1. Create Your CNAME Record
Note: this article is intended to teach you how to connect your main domain. If you create a CNAME record as shown here for "www" your main website will ONLY point to ClickFunnels. If you have an existing website at this destination you wish to keep, it is recommended you setup a subdomain instead.
Image shows setup both with and without an existing WWW record. If you edit your existing record, you will not need to add one. If you don't have an existing WWW record, you will add one instead.
- Sign into your GoDaddy Account.
- Select your Domain's DNS settings.
- If a CNAME with the name WWW exists, edit the target to target.clickfunnels.com.
- If it does not, click Add at the bottom right.
- Select CNAME.
- Enter WWW into the Name input.
- Enter target.clickfunnels.com as the value.
Step 2. Add a Forwarding Rule In GoDaddy
Note: DNS servers can sometimes take up to 48 hours to update your CNAME record. When proceeding with Step Three, make sure to check on your DNS propagation as explained there to confirm the record is live.
- Without leaving that screen, scroll down to your Forwarding Settings area
- Select https://.
- Enter www.YOURDOMAIN.com (replace YOURDOMAIN with your actual domain name).
- Select Permanent (301).
- Select Forward Only.
- Select "Update my Nameservers and DNS settings."
- Press Save.
What you can do now
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.