In order to connect your domain registered through GoDaddy with your ClickFunnels account, you’ll first need to add the proper CNAME record. This article will show you how to add a CNAME record within your GoDaddy account.
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
- A domain registered through GoDaddy
- Access to your GoDaddy DNS settings
- Select the scenario below that best applies to your business
Scenario 1: I have a GoDaddy Domain WITHOUT CONTENT
Example: John just purchased a domain from Godadddy and doesn't have any content created yet.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click the dropdown arrow in the upper right-hand corner of your dashboard and select My Products from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down to the list of All Products and Services and click the DNS button to the right of the desired domain.
- If a CNAME with the Name www exists, edit the record by clicking the paper and pencil icon to the right of the record.
- Under the Points to field, enter: target.clickfunnels.com and click Save.
- On the same page, scroll down to the Forwarding settings and click the paper and pencil icon.
Important Note: DNS servers can sometimes take up to 48 hours to update your CNAME record, though it typically takes not more than a few hours.
- Under Forward To, select https://.
- Enter www.yourdomain.com in the field to the right (replacing the yourdomain.com portion with your actual domain).
- Under Forward Type, select Permanent (301).
- Under Settings, select Forward only.
- Select Update my Nameservers and DNS settings if presented as an option.
Warning: If you see a warning here that reads “We will update name servers if you aren’t currently with us”, please note that if you proceed with these changes, your domain will be managed again via GoDaddy. This means that your domain is currently being managed elsewhere, and by saving these changes, you will remove management from whatever external service you are using.
- Click Save.
Scenario 2: I have a Godaddy Domain WITH CONTENT
Example: John has an existing domain with Godaddy and currently has content being displayed on his blog or website. If this is you and you want to keep your current website live, then follow the instructions below to create a new subdomain.
- Add a new CNAME
- Under (b) Type select CNAME.
- Under (c) Host enter funnels
- Under (d) Points to enter target.clickfunnels.com
- Leave the (e) TTL as is.
- Click Save.
Next Steps: After following these steps, you can add your domain to ClickFunnels by following the steps here.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.