How to set up Amazon SES SMTP to deliver your Actionetics and ClickFunnels emails
What you will need:
- An Amazon SES account (signup for one here)
**Please note: Amazon SES is not an officially supported SMTP provider. If you have trouble setting up your connect, we recommend you contact their support team.**
Step One: Account Set up
- Sign Up for a Amazon SES account
- Select the US WEST Oregon server (Server must be set)
Step Two: Validate your Domain
- Search for SMTP
- Select Simple Email Service
- Select Manage Identities
- Select Verify a New Domain
- Enter the domain without www or http/https
- Select Generate DKIM Settings
- Click Verify This Domain
- Scroll down to the TXT and CNAME prompts
- Open your DNS Zone record Editor
- Create the 3 CNAME's as directed (Note, only to the period before the domain as shown with the strikethrough)
- Create the TXT record
- Amazon SES will automatically check for these settings
Step Three: Validate your Email Address
- Select Email addresses
- Select Verify a New Email Address (this will be the email address you set up with your email host under the "What you need" portion above.)
- Open your email host
- Select the confirmation link
Step Four: Request a Sending Limit Increase
- You can make such request here: http://aws.amazon.com/ses/fullaccessrequest
This time frame is determined by Amazon SES Support
Step Five: Create your SMTP Credentials
- Click the SMTP Settings Menu
- Click Create My SMTP Credentials
- Select your IAM User Name
- Click the Create Button
- Click Show User SMTP Security Credentials
- Copy and Save both the User name and Password for use in next step
Step Six: Open your SMTP Settings
Open your Clickfunnels SMTP Settings
- Press Account
- Select SMTP Settings
- Select to "Setup email sending"
Open your Amazon SES SMTP Settings
- Select SMTP Settings
Step Seven: Setting up your SMTP Settings
- Title - The name of your integration. This is for your reference only. This can be anything that you like.
- From Name - This is the name that will display in the user's email client when they receive an email from you.
- From Email - should be the same email that you verified in your Amazon SES settings.
- SMTP Server - The server name found on the SMTP Settings page in your Amazon SES account.
- Port - Enter 25, 465, or 587. Please insert only one.
- SMTP User - Your Amazon generated User ID
- SMTP Password - Your Amazon generated Password
- SMTP Domain - Enter is the domain that you verified. Insert only the domain name. Do not use www, http, or https.
- Domain - Domain within your account you desire this associated with.
- Address - Enter your businesses physical address
- SMTP Footer - Your SMTP Footer is the information that will be included in the footer of all your emails. This footer area supports HTML code.
<center><p>Company Name | 123 Address, City, State, Zip | 9876543210</p>
Step Eight: Test Your Settings / Finalize Integration
- Click Verify Email settings on the right hand side of the SMTP settings page
- Select Default SMTP if this will be your default SMTP integration
- Select Save SMTP Integration
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.