When using Stripe as your payment processor these steps will create a subscription or payment plan product for purchases made in Stripe. Setting up a subscription or payment plan product will allow you to bill your clients at scheduled times for the use of your products or services.
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
An active Stripe account
A Sales Funnel created in your account
Stripe Subscription Products are products that will charge a customer recurring payments. The set up for both a subscription or payment plan product in Stripe is the same. Unlike a one-time product, a subscription or payment plan needs to be created in Stripe before it can be created and set up in ClickFunnels.
Step 1: Set Up A Subscription or Payment Plan Product with Stripe:
1. Log in to your Stripe account.
2. Toggle the View test data switch OFF (light gray color) in the left navigation menu.
Leave it as is if it’s already set to OFF. When ON, it will have an orange color.
3. Click Products on the left navigation menu.
4. Click the + Add Product button.
5. Enter the product’s Name.
6. Under Pricing Model, select Standard pricing.
7. Enter the product’s Price.
8. Select the product’s Currency.
9. Select Recurring.
10. Select the desired Billing period (frequency of charges).
Important Note: If you would like to set up a free trial for your product, you will want to do this when setting up the product in ClickFunnels. The settings in ClickFunnels will override this setting in Stripe.
11. Enter the ID for the subscription product.
12. Click the Save product button.
To test your order pages both a test and live subscription product need to be created in Stripe before it can be created in ClickFunnels.
Creating a live subscription product will allow you to process live real purchases of your product. (Steps 1 - 12)
Creating a test subscription product will allow you to make test purchases of said subscription. (Steps 13-23)
13. Toggle the View test data switch ON in the left navigation menu.
14. Click Products on the left navigation menu.
15. Click the + Add Product button.
16. Enter the product’s Name.
17. Under Pricing Model, select Standard pricing.
18. Enter the product’s Price.
19. Select the product’s Currency.
20. Select Recurring.
21. Select the desired Billing period (frequency of charges).
22. Important: Enter the exact same ID used in Step 11 one more time.
23. Click the Save product button.
Once the subscription product has been created in Stripe, the next step is to create the subscription product in ClickFunnels.
Also please note: Only recurring subscriptions are available to use with ClickFunnels currently. Stripe Tiered subscription plans are not available as a product option in ClickFunnels.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.