Funnel Creation & Management
Learning how to properly test your funnel is important to ensure your funnel is working as intended. In this article, we will be going over the recommended steps to test your funnel. For this demonstration, we will be using an Optin Funnel, however, the practices outlined here apply for all funnel types.
By the end of this document, you should be able to answer:
- How can I test my funnel?
- Why do I need to use a unique email address every time I test my funnel?
- How can I get a unique email address every time I test?
- Why do I need to test a funnel in Incognito or private window?
- Can I test my funnel in another browser?
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
- An active ClickFunnels account
- Optin funnel
- Chrome browser
Please watch the video below, in full screen:
Step by step walkthrough:
1. Go to your funnels and select the Optin funnel you wish to test.
2. Load the Optin Page in an incognito window by right-clicking on the preview icon next to the step’s URL.
Important Note: Testing in an Incognito window will prevent caching issues and the ClickFunnels system will recognize you as a completely new Visitor.
3. Submit a test using a unique email address.
It’s recommended to simulate that a new lead is coming into the funnel with every test. In order to simulate this, ClickFunnels needs a unique email address to be submitted during the test. In order to make an email address unique, you can add +1, +2, +3 before the @, and so on for every test.
For example: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, etc.
4. Check the Contacts tab of your funnel and confirm if the new test contact was added.
You can also use other browsers to test your funnel. Keep in mind that Google Chrome is the recommended browser when using ClickFunnels, however, if you are testing your funnel in other browsers you should also follow the steps above.
If the test contact wasn’t saved, please review this troubleshooting document.
Here are the key takeaways for this document:
Always use the correct type of window in your browser (Incognito or Private) when testing. It is important to test a funnel using an incognito/private window to avoid caching issues or pre-populated information.
A unique email address is needed every time you test to simulate a new lead coming to your funnel.
In order to make an email address unique, you need to add a random number after a + character before the @ so the system recognizes that as a new contact.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.