Troubleshoot a domain stuck "securing" in your ClickFunnels account. If you have a domain in your account that shows it's still securing after setting it up, this will help you troubleshoot the most common problems and ensure your domain gets secured.
Prior to getting started, you will need the following:
Important Note: Please visit our Domain FAQ here before going through this troubleshooting article.
Possible Solution #1: Verifying your SSL
- In ClickFunnels, a domain’s SSL status must be manually verified for it to complete.
- Navigate to your Account Settings.
- Select Domains.
- From your Domain Settings, click on the gear icon next to the domain you wish to edit.
- Under SSL, click to Expand.
- Click on the Check Now button -the page will refresh.
- You should get a message verifying the domain is secure.
Possible Solution #2: Checking Your CNAME Record.
- When creating a CNAME record, you’re telling your domain where to direct traffic for that record.
- So, if your domain is www.domain.com and you created a CNAME record according to this article, you would have pointed www to target.clickfunnels.com (no quotes).
- After creating this record, it is essential that you do not change the record. Otherwise, it will no longer direct to ClickFunnels.
- To confirm your CNAME record is still pointing to ClickFunnels, you can visit https://www.whatsmydns.net/.
- From this site, select CNAME from the dropdown.
- Enter your domain into the search bar and click Search.
- You should see everything pointing to target.clickfunnels.com.
- If there are red x’s instead, please review your CNAME record setup here:
- When your record is properly connected, wait at least 5 minutes and then follow Possible Solution #1 above.
Important Note: SSL Certificates Can Take Up To 72 Hours To Be Issued.
If you’re still running into trouble securing your domain, please open up a ticket with our Support Team and we’ll be happy to help you investigate this from there.