This article is intended for troubleshooting a domain that is stuck "securing" in your ClickFunnels account.
Why you would need this
If you have a domain in your account that shows it's still securing after setting it up, this will help you troubleshoot the most common problems.
What you will need
Note: Please visit our Domain FAQ here before going through this troubleshooting article.
Possible Solution #1: Verifying your SSL.
- In ClickFunnels, a domain’s SSL status must be manually verified for it to complete.
- Navigate to your Account Settings and select “Domains.”
- From your Domain Settings, click on the gear icon next to the domain you wish to edit.
- Under SSL, click to “Expand.”
- Click on the “Check Now” button -the page will refresh.
- Expand your SSL menu again.
- You should get a message verifying the domain is secure:
- If your domain has been “Verified” for at least 5-10 minutes, this should solve your SSL status.
- If it does not, proceed to Solution #2.
Possible Solution #2: Checking Your CNAME Record.
- When creating a CNAME record, you’re telling your domain where to direct traffic for that record.
- So, if your domain is www.domain.com and you created a CNAME record according to this article, you would have pointed “www” to “target.clickfunnels.com” (no quotes).
- After creating this record, it is essential that you do not change the record. Otherwise, it will no longer direct to ClickFunnels.
- To confirm your CNAME record is still pointing to ClickFunnels, you can visit https://www.whatsmydns.net/.
- From this site, select CNAME from the dropdown.
- Enter your domain into the search bar and click “Search.”
- You should see everything pointing to “target.clickfunnels.com.”
- If there are “red x’s” instead, please review your CNAME record setup here.
- When your record is properly connected, wait at least 5 minutes and then follow Possible Solution #1 above.
Note: SSL Certificates Can Take Up To 72 Hours To Be Issued.
What you can do now
If you’re still running into trouble securing your domain, please open up a ticket with our Support Team and we’ll be happy to help you investigate this from there.