Please note: This article is intended for troubleshooting a domain that is stuck "incomplete" in your ClickFunnels account. If you're looking for setup instructions for your root domain instead, please start with this article.
Challenge: Domain is stuck in “Incomplete” status in ClickFunnels.
Terms to Understand: Please visit our Domain FAQ here before going through this troubleshooting article.
Possible Solution #1: Your Nameservers Are Not Pointing To Your Registrar
- Before looking at your other DNS records, the first place to check when a domain record doesn't appear connected is to ensure your Nameservers are pointing properly.
- Though this process can vary by domain provider, you'll want to head to your DNS Management within your Registrar.
- Locate your Nameservers settings (image shown from GoDaddy).
- Make sure your Nameservers are pointing to your provider -when in doubt, they should show as being "default."
- In the above example, the "domaincontrol.com" nameservers are controlled by GoDaddy, so any CNAME record we add would show up.
- Alternatively, if those nameservers were set to "custom," you'd have to login to the appropriate DNS management system to edit them.
- Wherever the nameservers are pointing, make sure to add your CNAME record as required by that registrar.
- If your nameservers are correct, continue to Solution #2.
Possible Solution #2: Your Record Wasn't Saved
- Whether it's your root domain or a different subdomain, most registrars in ClickFunnels require you to add a CNAME record to connect your domain.
- The most common reason a domain shows as incomplete, is that the record is not properly added to your host.
- Make sure to go back and review the domain setup as required by your host.
- If you do not find a CNAME record for your domain, make sure to repeat that setup accordingly.
Possible Solution #3: Your Record Hasn't Propagated
- If you review domain records and you do find the proper CNAME record in place, it could be that your record has not yet propagated.
- To check on your domain propagation, you'll want to begin by visiting this site.
- Once there, type your domain into the search bar (make sure to put just the domain without "https://" example: www.domain.com).
- From the dropdown menu, select CNAME.
- Click "Search."
- If it shows all "red X's" it means the domain has not propagated.
- If it shows "target.clickfunnels.com" for the results, your domain has propagated.
- In this case, you'll want to remove your domain from ClickFunnels and re-add it while the record is pointing properly.
- Learn how to remove a custom domain here.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.