In this article, we will show you how to add a New Affiliate to Backpack Manually as well as how to assign a different affiliate type. You can follow these steps to add an affiliate if your affiliate is having issues signing up via your affiliate sign up page.
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
- An active ClickFunnels account subscribed to the Platinum plan or higher
- A commission plan with an affiliate type added
Add A New Affiliate Manually:
1. Hover over Backpack and click on Affiliates from the drop-down menu.
2. Click on Add New Affiliate.
3. Enter the affiliate’s First and Last Name, Email, Phone, and a Temporary Password.
The only required fields are the Email address and Password.
4. In the Address tab, enter all the address information for the affiliate. (This is required if they would like to be paid by check.)
5. In the Payments tab, choose a type of payment for the affiliate: PayPal or Check.
If the affiliate would like to be paid by PayPal, enter their email address associated with PayPal.
6. (Optional) In the User Settings tab, you can add the affiliate's website address or link to the site where they promote your products.
7. Click Save Affiliate Details.
Important Note: All affiliates are assigned automatically to the default affiliate type. Please see the process below if you would like to change the affiliate type manually.
Changing the Affiliate Type
1. Click on Edit next to the affiliate's name.
2. Click on the Admin Settings tab.
3. Click on the Affiliate Type field and assign the desired Affiliate Type.
4. Click Save Affiliate Details.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.