In this article, we will go over adding a two-tiered affiliate plan within Backpack and creating a tier two affiliate registration link. Creating a two-tiered affiliate plan will allow affiliates to refer other affiliates under them. The referring affiliate can collect a second tier commission on their referred affiliates sales.
For example, the tier 1 commission is set at 10% and tier 2 is set at 5%. The referred affiliate makes a sale of $100 dollars, they will make a tier 1 commission of 10% ($10) and the original affiliate will make a tier 2 commission of 5% ($5).
By the end of this document, you should be able to answer:
- Where can I add a two-tiered affiliate plan?
- How do I create a two-tiered affiliate plan?
- How does a two-tier affiliate plan work?
- Where can I create a link for affiliates to signup another affiliate under them?
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
- An active ClickFunnels account subscribed to the Platinum or higher plan
- A Commission Plan
- An Affiliate Type
- A Backpack enabled funnel
Please watch the video below, in full screen:
How to create a second affiliate tier:
1. Hover over Backpack at the top of the page, then click on Commission Plans.
2. Click the View button for the commission plan to be edited.
3. While viewing the desired Commission plan, click the Add New Tier button.
4. In the Add Affiliate Schedule for New Tier popup:
a. Fill out the Amount field
b. Fill out the Months Before Payout field
c. Select the desired Payment Type
d. Click the Add Affiliate Schedule button
How to add a link to your affiliate area to allow affiliates to refer new affiliates:
1. Within the Affiliate Access step of your funnel, copy the Secret Sign Up URL.
2. Open the Affiliate Area page in the page editor by clicking EDIT PAGE.
3. Next, add an AFFILIATE LINK element to the page.
4. Open the element settings, and paste in the Secret Sign Up URL in the CUSTOM LINK field.
5. Edit the page as desired and click SAVE.
Here are the key takeaways for this document:
Creating a two-tiered affiliate plan will allow affiliates to refer other affiliates under them. The referring affiliate can collect a second tier commission on their referred affiliates sales.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.