This article will teach you how to remove a custom domain from ClickFunnels. With this, you can remove a previously added domain from your external registrar to continue using in that registrar.
What you will need:
Step 1. Remove Your Custom Domain
- From within your ClickFunnels Account Settings, click on "Domains."
- Navigate to the domain you wish to remove and click the gear icon to the right of the domain.
- Next to Remove Domain, click "Expand."
- Click "Yes, delete this domain."
Note: if you are troubleshooting a domain stuck as "incomplete," skip to Step Three. Otherwise, continue to Step Two for instructions on removing your CNAME record.
Step 2. Remove Your CNAME Record
- From within your domain registrar, navigate to your DNS management screen.
- Select the CNAME record you wish to remove.
- If it's the "www" subdomain, edit the record and point to your root domain.
- If it's a different subdomain, delete the CNAME record.
Note: the removal of this will vary depending on your DNS registrar. Please consult Step Three to locate your specific registrar for record management help or contact your domain registrar for additional support.
What you can do now
If you’re still running into trouble securing your domain, please open up a ticket with our Support Team and we’ll be happy to help you investigate this from there.