Removing an external domain from ClickFunnels will be helpful if you no longer want to use your domain name in your account/funnels and plan to use it on another site. This article will go over the process of removing an external domain from your ClickFunnels account.
By the end of this document, you should be able to answer:
- How do I remove my external domain from ClickFunnels?
- Why would I need to remove my external domain from ClickFunnels?
- What other steps should I take after removing my external domain from ClickFunnels?
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
- An active ClickFunnels account
- An External Domain connected to ClickFunnels.
- Access to your domain registrar’s CNAME records.
Please watch the video below, in full screen:
Removing An External Domain From Your ClickFunnels Account:
Removing your domain from your account will allow you to use it on another site outside of ClickFunnels. Please keep in mind that you can’t use the same domain on two different sites. If you have a domain connected to ClickFunnels, you will need to remove it before using it outside of our platform.
The process for removing a domain purchased through ClickFunnels is different. If you’re looking for more information on this, check this tutorial here: Domain Transfer.
1. Log in to your ClickFunnels account.
2. Hover over the main menu on the top right-hand corner and select Account Settings.
3. On the left-hand side, select Domains.
4. Click on the domain name to access your domain settings.
Or, you can also click on the 3 vertical dots to the right and click on Edit to access your domain settings.
5. Scroll down and locate Remove Domain.
6. Click on Expand.
7. Click on the Yes, delete this domain button.
8. A success notification will show up in the top right corner informing you that the domain has been removed from your account.
Remove Your CNAME Record:
Removing the CNAME record pointing to target.clickfunnels.com will vary depending on your domain registrar. The steps below are for general guidance only and show this process from a Cloudflare account. If you would like assistance with removing the CNAME records in your specific registrar, please contact your domain registrar for support.
1. From within your domain registrar, select the domain you want to edit.
2. Access your DNS settings.
3. Select the CNAME record you wish to remove.
4. If it's the www subdomain, edit the record and point to your root domain.
a. Click on Edit.
b. Click on the gray Delete button.
c. Click on Edit to the far right of the record.
5. If it's your root domain or a different subdomain, delete the CNAME record. (Screenshots are for Cloudflare. If using a different domain it may appear differently.)
a. Click on Edit to the far right of the record.
b. Click on Edit to the far right of the record.
c. Click on the red Delete button to confirm.
Here are the key takeaways for this document:
If you have a domain in your ClickFunnels account and want to use it on a different site, you will need to remove it from your account.
After removing the domain from your ClickFunnels account, you need to delete the CNAME record pointing to target.clickfunnels.com.
Removing the CNAME record will vary depending on your domain registrar.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.