In this article, you will learn how to create custom affiliate links using Backpack. This will allow you to give your affiliates direct links to the pages you want them to promote. The Affiliates will be able to add their own Sub IDs to the URLs for their own tracking purposes.
By the end of this document, you should be able to answer:
- Where can I add a custom affiliate link builder element?
- How do I set up a custom affiliate link builder element?
- Where do affiliates find custom links?
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
- An active ClickFunnels account subscribed to the Platinum or higher plan
- A funnel
- An affiliate area
Please watch the video below, in full screen:
How To Create Custom Affiliate Links With Backpack:
1. Open the Funnel with the Affiliate Area.
2. Find the funnel links you wish to use for your Custom Affiliate Links and copy them.
Important Note: We recommend you to paste your links on a Note for later use.
3. Select the Affiliate Area step and click on EDIT PAGE.
4. If you don’t have a Link Builder element on the page already, mouse over ELEMENTS and click on ADD ELEMENT.
5. Find and select the Link Builder element and drag it on to your page.
6. In the Settings of the element, add your Link Name and paste the URL(s) that you copied in Step 2 above.
7. SAVE changes.
How To Access the Custom Links
1. From the affiliate dashboard, click on the funnel’s Affiliate Tools - Get My Links button.
2. Click on the Choose Link dropdown to view all available custom link names.
3. Select the name of the link to generate and populate the Custom Link field.
4. Affiliates can also add Affiliate Sub IDs to their links for their own tracking purposes.
Here are the key takeaways for this document:
Custom affiliate links can be created on the affiliate area step using the Link Builder element.
Affiliates will find custom links in their affiliate area where they can also add Affiliate Sub IDs to their links for their own tracking purposes.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.