This article will teach you how to connect your SparkPost SMTP with ClickFunnels. In this first part, you will
learn to set up the necessary DNS records to make sure your emails send properly. Please make sure to continue to set it up within ClickFunnels at the end of the article.
Why you would need this:
If you wish to use SparkPost as your SMTP provider for sending emails through ClickFunnels, this article will teach you how.
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
Step 1: Adding a Subdomain to your SparkPost Account
- Open your SparkPost Account.
- Click Domains from your toolbar at the top of the page.
- Click Sending Domains.
- Click Add Sending Domain.
- Enter your Emails domain (we suggest you utilize a subdomain here, such as go.alibabaprofitsystem.us as shown in the example).
- Click Save and Continue
- Select Yes for Verify domain for bounce for strict alignment. Then select Save and Continue.
Step 2: Verifying your Sending/Bounce Domain in Sparkpost
- Open your Zone Records Editor (Example given with a Cloudflare purchased domain). Click Add record.
- Add a TXT record.
- Copy HostName without the root domain from SparkPost and Paste into Name input (Example: "scph0421._domainkey.go").
- Copy Value from SparkPost and Paste into Value.
- Press Save.
- In Sparkpost, copy over the Hostname and Value for your Bounce record, into your Zone Records Editor, and click Save. Please note that this record is a CNAME record.
- Go back to Sparkpost, and click The TXT and CNAME records have been added to the DNS provider. and click Verify Domain.
Step 3: Adding a Tracking Domain
- Within Sparkpost, use the toolbar to select Domains
- Click Tracking Domain
- Enter a new subdomain (this should be different than the one previously used).
- Select Save and Continue.
- On the next page, you will copy your Hostname and Value and add them as a CNAME record in
your Zone Records Editor.
- Click Save to save the record in your Zone Records Editor.
- Go back to Sparkpost, click The CNAME record has been added to the DNS provider. then click Verify Domain.
Important Note: If you receive any errors, please make sure that your domain has been properly configured in SparkPost and each respective area has been validated.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.