Email Integrations SMTP
Sparkpost is one of the mass email sending services that you can use with ClickFunnels. In this article, we will be covering how to integrate your SparkPost SMTP with your ClickFunnels account.
By the end of this document, you should be able to answer:
- What is SparkPost?
- Why would I need to integrate SparkPost with ClickFunnels?
- How do I integrate SparkPost with ClickFunnels?
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
Please watch the video below, in full screen:
Sparkpost is an email sending and deliverability platform. Think of Sparkpost as a mailman that delivers the emails to your lead’s address. By integrating SparkPost with your ClickFunnels account, it provides you with the ability to send marketing emails to your contacts using funnel automations, Follow-Up Funnels, or by creating a Broadcast.
Connecting SparkPost To ClickFunnels:
We recommend having one tab open logged into your ClickFunnels account, and another tab opened with your SparkPost account, as we will be moving back and forth between both accounts throughout this process.
1. From within your SparkPost account, click on Configuration.
2. Select the API Keys tab.
3. Click Create API Key.
4. Give the API Key a name.
5. Set API Permissions to All.
6. Click Create API Key.
Copy the API Key generated and paste it in a safe place since it will be required later.
7. Go to the SMTP Settings tab.
8. Within ClickFunnels, hover over your Account Menu, then click on Account Settings.
9. From the left sidebar, click on Email Integrations (SMTP).
10. Click Add email integration.
11. Select the Transactional & Marketing option.
12. Fill in the appropriate fields:
a. Title: Give your SMTP integration a name. This is for your internal reference only. This will not be seen by your contacts.
b. From Name: The name that contacts will see when they receive your emails.
c. From Email: The email address that your contacts will see when they receive your emails. This MUST be an existing email address and it should match the domain selected on Step i below.
d. SMTP Server: smtp.sparkpostmail.com or if you are located in the European Union, then you can use smtp.eu.sparkpostmail.com.
e. SMTP Port: 587
f. SMTP User: SMTP_Injection
g. SMTP Password: API Key generated in your SparkPost account. This should have been generated from step 6 above.
h. SMTP Domain: sparkpostmail.com or the sending domain you verified in Sparkpost.
i. Domain: The domain it is associated with within ClickFunnels for tracking and unsubscribe. This MUST match the domain used for the From Email in step c above.
j. Address: The physical address of your business.
k. SMTP Footer: The email footer that will appear in your emails. This should include your physical address. This field supports HTML code. You can copy the snippet below, paste it into the field, and edit the Company Name, Address, and Phone information.
<center><p>Company Name | 123 Address, City, State, Zip | 9876543210</p>
13. Toggle on or off the Default SMTP Integration switch.
14. Click Save SMTP Integration.
Adding Webhooks To SparkPost:
1. Copy your SparkPost Webhook from your ClickFunnels SMTP settings area.
2. Navigate back to SparkPost, then click Configuration.
3. Select Webhooks.
4. Click Create Webhook.
5. Give the new webhook a name.
6. Paste in the copied Webhook (From step 1 above) from ClickFunnels in the Target URL field.
7. Under Events, choose Select individual events, then check the box for the following:
d. Link Unsubscribe
e. List Unsubscribe
f. Spam Complaint
8. Under Authentication, select None.
9. Click Create Webhook.
Here are the key takeaways for this document:
By integrating SparkPost with your ClickFunnels account, it provides you with the ability to send marketing emails to your contacts using funnel automations, Follow-Up Funnels, or by creating a Broadcast.
SparkPost’s main task is to carry emails created in ClickFunnels to the recipient’s inbox, the same task as any other SMTP provider.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.