Sending emails can accomplish many things for your business other than just communication. Emails sent from your account via an SMTP integration can send a receipt, deliver files or digital products, be very powerful marketing tools, and keep your clients engaged with your business/brand. In this article, we will be looking at what is needed to send emails out from your ClickFunnels account and funnels.
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
- A secured custom domain and access to its DNS records (ClickFunnels domain / External domain)
- An account with a supported 3rd-party SMTP service (this is only required when setting up a Transactional & Marketing SMTP)
- An existing business email address under the secure domain
What is an SMTP and why would I need to set up one?
SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol and it is an internet standard for email transmission. In simpler terms, when you send an email, the SMTP acts like a mailman. It takes your emails, sorts them, and sends them to the address you desire.
Connecting an SMTP with your account will allow you to create and send emails to your clients via the automations feature and/or via our in-house autoresponder Follow-Up Funnels.
What features will become available when connecting an SMTP and how many SMTPs can I connect with each plan?
The following ClickFunnels native features will become available upon connecting an SMTP with your ClickFunnels account:
As a ClickFunnels Basic user, you will be able to integrate one SMTP service with your account to create, edit, and send emails via the Automations tab within every funnel
As a ClickFunnels Platinum user, you will be able to integrate up to three SMTP services to create, edit, and send emails via:
Once you’ve completed the requirements listed above, click on the SMTP option that you would like to use for your email sending here below.
What SMTP services can be connected with my ClickFunnels account?
There are two types of SMTP integrations available in ClickFunnels:
1. Transactional Only: A Transactional only SMTP will allow you to send automated welcome emails, fulfillment emails, order confirmations, password resets, etc.
- ClickFunnels Transactional Email: Learn how to set up your ClickFunnels Transactional Email
2.Transactional & Marketing integrations: A Transactional & Marketing SMTP will allow you to send email marketing campaigns.
- Sendgrid: Learn to Integrate Sendgrid SMTP with ClickFunnels
- Mailgun: Learn to Integrate Mailgun SMTP with ClickFunnels
- Mandrill: Learn to Integrate Mandrill SMTP with ClickFunnels
- SparkPost: Learn to Integrate SparkPost SMTP with ClickFunnels
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.