Learn how to connect a new ClickFunnels Mail SMTP to your domain registered outside of ClickFunnels.
Why you would need this
If you have Actionetics MD and wish to use ClickFunnels's own internal SMTP provider, this will teach you how.
What you will need
Step 1 Enter your SMTP Settings In ClickFunnels
Note: this setup is specifically for your ClickFunnels Email SMTP and is only available in Actionetics MD. If you are not subscribed to Actionetics MD, you will need to set up a 3rd party SMTP instead.
- From within ClickFunnels, navigate to your Account Settings and click "SMTP Settings."
- Click "Add New Integration."
- At the top, click the "Get Started" button.
- Enter all necessary information as below.
- Title: The name of your integration. This is for your reference only. This can be anything that you like.
- From Name: This is the name that will display in the user's email client when they receive an email from you.
- From Email: This is the email address that your emails will be sent from. This will also be the address that users respond to if they click "Reply" in their email client.
- Domain: Select the domain you will be utilizing for this SMTP.
- Address: Enter your business's physical address.
- SMTP Footer: Your SMTP Footer is the information that will be included in the footer of all your emails. This footer area supports HTML code.
- Select Default SMTP integration if appropriate.
- Select Save SMTP Integration.
Note: we recommend using this format for your footer.
<center><p>Company Name | 123 Address, City, State, Zip | 9876543210</p>
Step 2 Spam Policies
We regularly monitor our customers' accounts for abuse and undesirable sending practices. Our general guidelines for Clickfunnels SMTP sending take into account the following factors:
- The ratio of requests that are delivered to the total amount requested.
- Bounces, invalid emails, and drops.
- Spam Reports
- Clickfunnels divides our senders into 3 sending pools based on the quality of your email sends and our Spam Policy.
- Should you receive too many spam reports, bounces, or drops you will be placed in the "low pool." Anyone in this pool will be notified and your email sending will be restricted to contacts on your list who've interacted with you in the last 30 days.
- If you receive this notification, the best way to restore your sending reputation back to send to these existing contacts who have interacted in the last 30 days. In your SMTP Settings, you will see the bar next to your SMTP turn green as your sending rep restores.
- If your email sending policies continue to be an issue, you will be blocked from sending via click funnels SMTP. This protects us all.
- If you are blocked, you can continue to use Clickfunnels with Actionetics MD, but you will be responsible for integrating with a third party SMTP provider.
- Should you be blocked in error, please contact Clickfunnels support to investigate further.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.