Learn how to connect a new ClickFunnels Mail SMTP to your domain registered outside of ClickFunnels (for Actionetics MD only)
What you will need:
- A Custom Domain registered in another host and connected with ClickFunnels (learn how to connect your custom domain here)
- Actionetics MD
**Please note: this setup is specifically for your ClickFunnels Email SMTP and is only available in Actionetics MD. If you are not subscribed to Actionetics MD, you will need to setup a 3rd party SMTP instead.**
Step One: Enter your SMTP Settings In ClickFunnels
- From within ClickFunnels, navigate to your Account Settings and click "SMTP Settings."
- Click "Add New Integration."
- At the top, click the "Get Started" button.
- Enter all necessary information as below.
- Title - The name of your integration. This is for your reference only. This can be anything that you like.
- From Name - This is the name that will display in the user's email client when they receive an email from you.
- From Email - This is the email address that your emails will be sent from. This will also be the address that users respond to if they click "Reply" in their email client.
- Domain - Select the domain you will be utilizing for this SMTP
- Address - Enter your businesses physical address
- SMTP Footer - Your SMTP Footer is the information that will be included in the footer of all your emails. This footer area supports HTML code.*
- Select Default SMTP integration if appropriate
- Select Save SMTP Integration
**Please note: we recommend using this format for your footer:**
<center><p>Company Name | 123 Address, City, State, Zip | 9876543210</p>
Step Two: Add DNS Records to Your Domain Registrar
- After saving your SMTP, you'll be presented with a list of DNS records as per the image below.
- Find your host below this image for instructions on placing the records in your specific hosting provider.
**Please note: we recommend using Cloudflare if you have any other domain registrar.**
We regularly monitor our customers' accounts for abuse and undesirable sending practices. Our general guidelines for Clickfunnels SMTP sending take into account the following factors:
- The ratio of requests that are delivered to the total amount requested.
- Bounces, invalid emails, and drops.
- Spam Reports
Clickfunnels divides our senders into 3 sending pools based on the quality of your email sends and our Spam Policy.
Should you receive too many spam reports, bounces, or drops you will be placed in the "low pool." Anyone in this pool will be notified and your email sending will be restricted to contacts on your list who've interacted with you in the last 30 days.
If you receive this notification, the best way to restore your sending reputation back to send to these existing contacts who have interacted in the last 30 days. In your SMTP Settings, you will see the bar next to your SMTP turn green as your sending rep restores.
If your email sending policies continue to be an issue, you will be blocked from sending via click funnels SMTP. This protects us all.
If you are blocked, you can continue to use Clickfunnels with Actionetics MD, but you will be responsible for integrating with a third party SMTP provider.
Should you be blocked in error, please contact Clickfunnels support to investigate further.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.