Learn how to connect ClickFunnel Transactional Email to your domain registered outside of ClickFunnels.
Why you would need this
Use ClickFunnels Transactional Emails to send emails from Automations in your ClickFunnels account. This will allow for transactional emails only, which include those emails sent at the point an action is taken such as automations, welcome emails, purchase verifications, password resets, etc. This will not replace a full SMTP provider, which is recommended if you wish to send marketing emails from your account.
What you will need
Step 1. Enter your SMTP Settings In ClickFunnels
- From within ClickFunnels, navigate to your Menu and click Account Settings.
- Select Outgoing SMTP from the left-hand side menu.
- Click Add Email Integration button.
- Click the Get Started button.
- Enter all necessary information as below.
- Choose a domain: Select the domain you have integrated with ClickFunnels to use with this Transactional Email setup.
- Email Configuration Name: The name of your integration. The title is for your reference only. It can be anything that you like.
- From Name - This is the name that will display in the user's email client when they receive an email from you.
- From Email - This is the email address that your emails will be sent from. It will also be the address that users respond to if they click "Reply" in their email client.
- Address - Enter your business's physical address
- SMTP Footer - Your SMTP Footer is the information that will be included in the footer of all your emails. This footer area supports HTML code.
- Select Default SMTP Integration if appropriate.
- Select Save SMTP Integration.
Note be sure to fill in all the fields inside of this page in its entirety. Also, we recommend using this format for your footer.
<center><p>Company Name | 123 Address, City, State, Zip | 9876543210</p>
Step 2 Add (4) DNS records in your Host (Godaddy/ NameCheap/ Cloudflare) To Validate Your DNS Records
Note: we recommend using Cloudflare if you have any other domain registrar.
We regularly monitor our customers' accounts for abuse and undesirable sending practices. Our general guidelines for Clickfunnels SMTP sending take into account the following factors:
- The ratio of requests that are delivered to the total amount requested.
- Bounces, invalid emails, and drops.
- Spam Reports
- Clickfunnels divides our senders into 3 sending pools based on the quality of your email sends and our Spam Policy.
- Should you receive too many spam reports, bounces, or drops, you will be placed in the "low pool." Anyone in this pool will be notified, and your email sending will be restricted to contacts on your list who've interacted with you in the last 30 days.
- If you receive this notification, the best way to restore your sending reputation to send to these existing contacts who have interacted in the last 30 days, in your SMTP Settings, you will see the bar next to your SMTP turn green as your sending rep restores.
- If your email sending policies continue to be an issue, you will be blocked from sending via click funnels SMTP. This protects us all.
- If you are blocked, you can continue to use Clickfunnels with Actionetics MD, but you will be responsible for integrating with a third-party SMTP provider.
- Should you be blocked in error, please contact Clickfunnels support to investigate further.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.