Edit Your ClickFunnels Subdomain
The ClickFunnels Subdomain will display the subdomain that is generated for your account.
You can change the subdomain to match your branding as long as the subdomain is not already in use. The ClickFunnels subdomain will be part of the URL of all funnels without a custom domain assigned.
By the end of this document, you should be able to answer:
- What is the Account Subdomain?
- Why would I need an Account Subdomain?
- What do I need in order to create the Account Subdomain?
- How do I change the Account Subdomain?
- What are the next steps after changing the Account Subdomain?
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
Please watch the video below, in full screen:
Changing your Account Subdomain
The subdomain is an important tool because it is the base domain that will be used to track information that is relevant to your account. Every account has a subdomain that is unique across the ClickFunnels platform.
The subdomain for your account was automatically created when you first created your ClickFunnels account. There may be cases where the subdomain does not match the branding of your business, or you may choose to change the business name and you would like the subdomain to match. To change your subdomain do the following steps:
1. From your ClickFunnels Dashboard, hover over your Company Avatar in the top right corner, then click on the Account Settings tab
2. Scroll down to the ClickFunnels Subdomain section and click on the Down Arrow to expand the section
3. In the Subdomain Field, enter the desired subdomain name and Click Save
You have now successfully updated your ClickFunnels Subdomain. Please note that it can take up to twenty minutes for the Server Side Cache to recognize that the subdomain has been altered.
*Important Note: If you have any traffic currently running to any URL with the original subdomain, you will need to update those traffic sources with the new URL.
Here are the key takeaways for this document:
- The subdomain for your account was automatically created when you first created your ClickFunnels account.
- Every ClickFunnels account has a subdomain that is unique across the platform.
- You can change the subdomain to match your branding as long as the subdomain is not already in use.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.