In this article, you will learn how to add merge tags to Clickfunnels emails.
Why you would need this
Merge tags will allow you to personalize your emails to your webinar registrants by adding dynamic fields such as the unique webinar link for tracking attendance. Email Mege tags can be used for automation throughout your webinar.
What you will need
- Webinar Funnel. Click here to learn how to get started.
Step 1 Add Date and Time for Webinar (live only)
- Click on the gear icon for your Webinar Registration page.
- Select the Webinar Event Time.
- Click on Update Page.
Step 2 Create CF Automation
- Select your Webinar Registration step in the funnel.
- Click on the Automation Tab.
- Click on Add New Email.
- Select a template (Actionetics Required)
- Or click on Edit to edit the email.
- Add Merge tags to the subject line and body of the email.
- Copy and Paste Merge Tags from below.
Note: The Merge tags listed below are CASE SENSITIVE. These merge tags will only work for emails sent from within the funnel automation and NOT Actionetics emails.
#WEBINAR_TITLE# - Inserts the name of the Funnel in the Funnel Settings.
#WEBINAR_DATE# - Inserts the auto-webinar/webinar date
#WEBINAR_TIME# - Inserts the auto-webinar/webinar time
#WEBINAR_DATETIME# - Inserts both the date and time for the auto-webinar/webinar
#REPLAY_URL# - Inserts the URL of the auto-webinar/webinar Replay Room Page. (Can be hyperlinked).
#WEBINAR_LINK# - Inserts the URL of the auto-webinar/webinar Broadcast Room Page (Can be hyperlinked).
- Select Custom Type from the Input Type drop-down.
- Enter text into the Custom Type field. (letters and numbers only)
In this example from the screenshot above, the merge tag for the field would be #custom2#
Page-Specific Merge Tags
Note: Please use the following merge tags in Page-Specific Funnels.
#OFFER_LINK# - Inserts the URL of the Sales Page (Can be hyperlinked).
#PRODUCT_THANK_YOU_PAGE# - Inserts the URL of the "Product Thank You Page" select, then see product settings under the Fulfillment Email tab (Can be hyperlinked).
#ORDER_CONFIRMATION_PAGE# - Inserts the URL of the Order Confirmation Page (Can be hyperlinked).
What you can do now
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.