Need to set up an email for customers who visit your Order Form page but don’t purchase? This article will go over the steps of creating an Abandoned Cart Email. This will be helpful if you want to offer your product to customers who landed on your page but didn’t buy.
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
Step 1: Set Up An Abandoned Cart Email
Accessing Your Funnel And Selecting The Email Automation
First, you will need to access your funnel and select an Email Automation.
1. Access the Funnels Page by hovering over the ClickFunnels drop-down menu from your dashboard and clicking on Funnels.
2. Choose the funnel you want to edit by clicking on the Funnel Name.
3. Select the Order Form page. You can also set this up on Upsell and Downsell pages.
4. Click on the Automation tab.
5. Click on the Add New Email button.
Choosing Your SMTP And Setting A Condition
Then, you will need to choose your 3rd party SMTP and set a proper Condition within the Email Settings.
1. Set a From Name for the email. This will override your default SMTP From Name.
2. Set the email’s Subject.
3. Select an SMTP Configuration from the drop-down menu.
4. Write a number or click on the up and down arrows to add a number to send the email only to customers who have been active in the past X days. (optional)
5. Select saw but didn’t purchase from the Condition drop-down menu.
6. Create the email as required.
Create Your Email
The actual email creation process will be different for accounts on the Basic Plan and Platinum Plan or higher.
1. Edit the email as required under the HTML Body text field.
2. Click the Create Email button.
Platinum Plan or higher
1. Select any Email Template by hovering over the template and clicking Use This Template.
You can also click the Preview button to preview the Email Template before selecting it.
2. Click Create Email.
3. Click Open Editor and edit the email as required.
This works similarly to the page editor in your funnel pages.
4. Click Save or Close when ready.
5. Click edit to make changes to Step 2 of the process.
a. You can edit the email you previously selected by clicking the Open Email Editor button.
b. You can also save that email as a template by clicking Save As Template.
c. After making any changes to Step 2 of the process, click the Update Email button.
6. Click the trash icon to delete the Automation.
7. Click OK to confirm the deletion.
Setting Up An Email Sequence Using Delays (optional)
The Funnel Automation will give you the ability to create an email sequence using delays.
1. After clicking the Add New Email button within the Automation tab (Step 2), click on the Email Delay option on the top navigation bar.
2. On the Delay Days field, write a number or click on the up and down arrows to add the number of days you want the email to be delayed.
3. On the Delay Hours field, write a number or click on the up and down arrows to add the number of days you want the email to be delayed.
4. If you already set all of the Email Settings (Step 2), click the Create Email button.
The system will always calculate delays from the time the visitor interacted with the funnel. For example, let’s say that your customer leaves your Order Form page without purchasing on a Wednesday at 4:00 p.m.
1st Email: Email set to be sent immediately. Triggered on Wednesday as soon as the customer leaves the Order Form page without purchasing.
2nd Email: Follow-up email with a 1-hour delay. Triggered on Wednesday 1 hour after the customer leaves the Order Form page.
3rd Email: Follow-up email with a 1-day delay. This one would be triggered on Thursday at around 4:00 p.m.
4th Email: Follow-up email with a 2-day delay. This would be triggered on Friday at around 4:00 p.m.
Added Note - The Abandoned Cart Emails will only work if the customer's email was either captured in previous steps to the order page (like an Optin Page) or if the Order Page has a 2-step order form on it capturing the customer's emails before the purchase.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.