Today, we will review Adding a Bluehost Subdomain to ClickFunnels. When you have an account with Bluehost for your domains you can easily add your subdomains to your ClickFunnels account.Prior to getting started, you will need:
Follow these steps to setup your Bluehost Subdomain:
- Step 1: Adding CNAME record in Bluehost
- Step 2: Add your subdomain to ClickFunnels
- Step 3: Securing your subdomain
Important Note: Adding A Bluehost Subdomain article is intended to teach you how to connect a subdomain. A subdomain can be any word you want it to be and would appear in the URL bar as subdomain.domain.com. If you wish to create a CNAME record for "www," or your main website, you'll want to follow this setup for your domain instead.
Step 1: Adding CNAME Record For Subdomain
The process of adding a CNAME record for a subdomain is basically the same as adding it for the root domain. In this case, you will only need to add one record. This will take your customers to your funnel only when using the subdomain before the root domain. For example, visit.yoursite.com or go.yoursite.com.
1. Log in to your Bluehost control panel.
2. Click the Domains tab from the side navigation menu to the left.
3. Next to the domain name you wish to update, click the down arrow next to Manage.
4. Click DNS from the drop-down menu.
5. You can also click Manage. (optional)
6. Then select DNS from the top navigation menu. (optional)
7. Locate CNAME (Alias).
8. Click on the Add Record button.
9. Enter your subdomain in the Host Record field. For example, visit, go, or sales, etc.
10. Enter target.clickfunnels.com in the Points To field.
11. Leave the TTL field at its default setting: 4 Hours (min).
12. Click on the Save button.
Step 2: Add Your subdomain Within ClickFunnels
Starting from the ClickFunnels dashboard navigate to account settings
From the account settings navigate to domains.
From the domains, menu select add new domain.
Select the option existing domain.
From the add your domain field you want to remove the www and then add your subdomain dot your domain.com then select a domain.
Since we have already configured Bluehost, please go ahead and select I have done this step.
Next, we need to associate this subdomain with one of your existing funnels from the menu options select associate funnel.
Your subdomain should now be verified.
Step 3: Secure Your New Subdomain
- Click the three dots next to your subdomain and then click Edit.
- Next to SSL, click Expand.
- Click Add SSL.
- Wait about 10-15 minutes, as per the notification.
- Return and click Expand.
- Click Check Now.
- When successful this a success message will appear.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.