Learn why your URL is adding random letters and numbers to itself. When you try to change the URL in ClickFunnels, let it be Funnel Step URL, Page Split-Test Settings URL, or Funnel URL, it has to be unique. If it is not unique, the system will automatically add random letters and digits to it to make it unique.
What you will need:
If you are using a different funnel & different domain with a pathname that has already been used inside of your ClickFunnels account this will result in random letters and numbers being added to the pathname.
Please use a unique pathname across all areas where pathnames can be changed. There are three different locations that pathnames can be changed within your funnel 1. Funnel URL, 2. the Step URL, and 3. the Split Test URL. Learn more about pathnames HERE.
Step 1: Example and What To Do
- For instance, you can see how you try to change the funnel step path below.
- You can see that it added some symbols at the end of it. It happened because the path "ClickFunnels" is used for another funnel step in that account, which means that is it not unique.
- For the system not to add those numbers, you will have to come up with a unique path for that page.
- You can see an example of adding a unique path below.
- In that example the path was not used in any other funnel step, so no additional symbols were added. If you make the path unique, the system will not add any letters or numbers at the end of it.
Please note: the difference between the three URL types in ClickFunnels where you can change your pathname. The Funnel Step URL is the URL for each individual step of your funnel. The Page Split-Test URL is the URL your customers will see in their browser, the Funnel URL is the URL for the overall funnel.
What you can do now:
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.