This article is intended for troubleshooting funnel links that either don't work on the live page or won't save properly when added.
Why you would need this
If you have links added to your funnel are not working as intended, this article is made to help you fix those links.
What you will need
Possible Solution #1: Make Sure You're Using The Full Link
- The first thing you want to do whenever a link doesn't work in ClickFunnels is to copy the link and paste it directly in your URL bar.
- If it doesn't work from there, you'll want to revisit the source and make sure you have the correct link.
- If you do have the correct link, you'll need to make sure you're following proper link format within ClickFunnels.
- Specifically, ClickFunnels requires you to paste the entire link, including "HTTP/HTTPS."
- Navigate to the link within your page editor and click on the link settings.
- If you just have the partial link (i.e. www.clickfunnels.com) it will not link properly within the funnel page.
- Ensure you have the full link included (i.e. https://www.clickfunnels.com).
- After adding in the full link, make sure to save your funnel.
Possible Solution #2: Paste Using Your Keyboard Commands
- If you are pasting the full link but it's still not working or it seems the link is not saving, it may be due to how you're pasting your link.
- In ClickFunnels, you need to use your keyboard commands to paste the link, not your mouse.
- On a PC you would use Control+V when pasting a link.
- On a Mac, you would use Command+V.
- After pasting your full link with this method, make sure to save your changes.
Possible Solution #3: Removing Unwanted Spacing
- When you go to add a link in ClickFunnels, you'll notice that by default the field will have a "#" symbol as a placeholder.
- If pasting an external link, you must REMOVE this "#" symbol. In other words, the link should appear as "https://www.clickfunnels.com" and NOT "#https://www.clickfunnels.com."
- If you see a "#" symbol at the start, remove it.
- After removing this symbol, also ensure there are no blank spaces before or after the link.
- After fixing, always make sure to save your changes.
What you can do now
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.