Please note: This article is intended for troubleshooting funnel links that either don't work on the live page or won't save properly when added.
Challenge: Links added to your funnel are not working as intended.
Possible Solution #1: Make Sure You're Using The Full Link
- The first thing you want to do whenever a link doesn't work in ClickFunnels is to copy the link and paste it directly in your URL bar.
- If it doesn't work from there, you'll want to revisit the source and make sure you have the correct link.
- If you do have the correct link, you'll need to make sure you're following proper link format within ClickFunnels.
- Specifically, ClickFunnels requires you to paste the entire link, including "HTTP/HTTPS."
- Navigate to the link within your page editor and click on the link settings.
- If you just have the partial link (i.e. www.clickfunnels.com) it will not link properly within the funnel page.
- Ensure you have the full link included (i.e. https://www.clickfunnels.com).
- After adding in the full link, make sure to save your funnel.
Possible Solution #2: Paste Using Your Keyboard Commands
- If you are pasting the full link but it's still not working or it seems the link is not saving, it may be due to how you're pasting your link.
- In ClickFunnels, you need to use your keyboard commands to paste the link, not your mouse.
- On a PC you would use Control+V when pasting a link.
- On a Mac, you would use Command+V.
- After pasting your full link with this method, make sure to save your changes.
Possible Solution #3: Removing Unwanted Spacing
- When you go to add a link in ClickFunnels, you'll notice that by default the field will have a "#" symbol as a placeholder.
- If pasting an external link, you must REMOVE this "#" symbol. In other words, the link should appear as "https://www.clickfunnels.com" and NOT "#https://www.clickfunnels.com."
- If you see a "#" symbol at the start, remove it.
- After removing this symbol, also ensure there are no blank spaces before or after the link.
- After fixing, always make sure to save your changes.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.