This article will teach you how to set up Clickfunnels eMail SMTP using a GoDaddy domain. With this, you can use your GoDaddy domain to set up the ClickFunnels eMail SMTP and then be able to send emails from your Actionetics MD Private Beta account.
Why you would need this
If you are using Actionetics MD Private Beta and wish to set up to send from a domain you own in GoDaddy, this will teach you how to set up the ClickFunnels eMail SMTP to send emails.
What you will need
- Actionetics MD Private Beta
- A GoDaddy domain connected to ClickFunnels
- Access to your GoDaddy DNS
- Clickmail SMTP Setup
Note: this setup is specifically for your ClickFunnels eMail SMTP and is only available in Actionetics MD Private Beta. If you are not subscribed to Actionetics MD Private Beta, you will need to set up a 3rd party SMTP instead.
Step 1 Add Your DNS Records to GoDaddy
- After saving your Integration, you'll be sent to a screen with various DNS records in ClickFunnels
- Navigate to your GoDaddy account
- Access the DNS Settings for your connected domain (this is the domain you have in ClickFunnels and setup with your new SMTP)
- Click Add in your DNS Settings
- Select TXT from the drop-down menu
- Copy the Host Input from ClickFunnels and paste into Host area in GoDaddy
Important Note make sure to remove your root domain when you paste so it just reads "m1._domainkey" or "cfmail" and doesn't include the root domain.
A recent change with how GoDaddy handles new DNS record values automatically adds your domain, resulting in a CNAME entry with too much information and a failure when trying to complete domain authentication.
An example of this would be em123.yourdomain.com.yourdomain.com.
Below is an example of the CNAME values under the HOST column as they are displayed and how you will need to enter them into your GoDaddy/DigitalOcean DNS Management:
HOST/NAME em123.yourdomain.com . ENTER CNAME RECORD HOST/NAME AS: em123
HOST/NAME s1._domainkey.yourdomain.com ENTER CNAME RECORD HOST/NAME AS s1._domainkey
HOST/NAME s2._domainkey.yourdomain.com ENTER CNAME RECORD HOST/NAME AS: s2._domainkey
Entries made in the VALUE or POINTS TO field do not need to be changed.
- Copy the Data (see important note above) input from ClickFunnels and paste into the Points To area
- Set TTL to 1 hour
- Repeat this for all records
Please note DNS servers can sometimes take up to 48 hours to update. If your records do not update, you may need to double-check and ensure you added the Host without including your domain.
What you can do now
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.