Do you want to use a domain purchased/registered in Bluehost in your ClickFunnels account? This tutorial will teach you how to add a CNAME record in Bluehost so you can point your domain to ClickFunnels.
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
- An active Bluehost account.
- A domain purchased/registered through Bluehost.
Follow these steps to integrate your Bluehost Domain:
- Step 1: Adding CNAME records to Bluehost
- Step 2: Adding your domain to ClickFunnels
- Step 3: Secure your domain
Bluehost offers two account management interface options: Rock and Legacy. The steps you follow to add a CNAME record to point your domain to ClickFunnels will depend on which interface you choose. For the purpose of this article, we’re covering the process of adding a CNAME record from the Rock interface, which is the most recent UI.
Step 1: Adding CNAME Records to Bluehost
In order to use your root domain in ClickFunnels, you will need to add two CNAME records in Bluehost if you purchased the domain only. One record to point yoursite.com to ClickFunnels and another one to point www.yoursite.com.
If you purchased and are hosting your domain with Bluehost you will need to add one CNAME record to point www.yoursite.com and add a 301 redirect rule. This will take your customers to your funnel whether the www is used or not before the root domain. Please follow the instructions below that go over how to add these records in Bluehost.
1. Log in to your Bluehost control panel.
2. Click the Domains tab from the side navigation menu to the left.
3. Next to the domain name you wish to update, click the down arrow next to Manage.
4. Click DNS from the drop-down menu.
5. You can also click Manage. (optional)
6. Then select DNS from the top navigation menu. (optional)
7. Locate CNAME (Alias).
8. Click on the Add Record button. Please skip steps 8 to 12 if you are hosting your domain on BlueHost.
9. Enter @ in the Host Record field.
10. Enter target.clickfunnels.com in the Points To field.
11. Leave the TTL field at its default setting: 4 Hours (min).
12. Click on the Save button.
13. Click Add Record.
14. Enter www in the Host Record field.
15. Enter target.clickfunnels.com in the Points To field.
16. Leave the TTL field at its default setting: 4 Hours (min).
17. Click Save. Move to step 2 if you only purchased your domain from Bluehost.
18. Please proceed from this point if you are hosting your domain on Bluehost.
Important Note: The Advanced tab will load your cPanel. Legacy accounts will feature a horizontal navigation bar at the top of the screen, while Bluerock account users will see a vertical navigation menu on the left-hand side of the screen. To learn more, please see Bluerock vs. Legacy.
- Log in to your Bluehost control panel.
- Click the Domains tab from the side navigation menu to the left.
- Next to the domain name you wish to update, click the ▼ icon next to Manage, then choose Redirects from the drop-down menu that appears.
- You may also click Redirects on the left side menu, under the word Domains.
- Log in to your Bluehost control panel.
- Click the domains tab from the navigation menu that stretches across the top of your screen.
- Click the redirect sub-menu.
From the add redirect menu, you will need to choose Permanent 301: A 301 redirect will update the visitor's bookmarks and direct search engines to the new site.
Url to Redirect
- Choose the domain name you would like to redirect using the drop-down menu.
- If you would like to redirect a single page or directory, you can use the text field following the drop-down menu to enter the name of the folder or file.
Enter the full URL of the page you will be redirected to in the "redirects to" text field.
WWW Redirect options
1. You will need to be redirecting to www. Select "Redirect with or without www." this option will redirect all visitors.
2. Click the "Add this redirection" button to create the redirect.
Step 2: Add Your Domain Within ClickFunnels
Starting from the ClickFunnels dashboard navigate to account settings
From the account settings navigate to domains.
From the domains, menu select add new domain.
Select the option existing domain.
From the add your domain field you want to remove the www and then add your subdomain dot your domain.com then select a domain.
Since we have already configured Bluehost, please go ahead and select I have done this step.
Next, we need to associate this subdomain with one of your existing funnels from the menu options select associate funnel.
Your subdomain should now be verified.
Step 3: Secure Your New Domain
- Click the three dots next to your subdomain and then click Edit.
- Next to SSL, click Expand.
- Click Add SSL.
- Wait about 10-15 minutes, as per the notification.
- Return and click Expand.
- Click Check Now.
- When successful this a success message will appear.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.