Do you want to use a domain purchased/registered in Bluehost in your ClickFunnels account? This tutorial will teach you how to add a CNAME record in Bluehost so you can point your domain to ClickFunnels.
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
- An active Bluehost account.
- A domain purchased/registered through Bluehost.
Follow these steps to integrate your Bluehost Domain:
- Step 1: Adding CNAME records to Bluehost
- Step 2: Adding your domain to ClickFunnels
- Step 3: Secure your domain
Bluehost offers two account management interface options: Rock and Legacy. The steps you follow to add a CNAME record to point your domain to ClickFunnels will depend on which interface you choose. For the purpose of this article, we’re covering the process of adding a CNAME record from the Rock interface, which is the most recent UI.
Step 1: Adding CNAME Records to Bluehost
In order to use your root domain in ClickFunnels, you will need to add two CNAME records in Bluehost. One record to point yoursite.com to ClickFunnels and another one to point www.yoursite.com. This will take your customers to your funnel whether the www is used or not before the root domain. Please follow the instructions below that go over how to add these records in Bluehost.
1. Log in to your Bluehost control panel.
2. Click the Domains tab from the side navigation menu to the left.
3. Next to the domain name you wish to update, click the down arrow next to Manage.
4. Click DNS from the drop-down menu.
5. You can also click Manage. (optional)
6. Then select DNS from the top navigation menu. (optional)
7. Locate CNAME (Alias).
8. Click on the Add Record button.
9. Enter @ in the Host Record field.
10. Enter target.clickfunnels.com in the Points To field.
11. Leave the TTL field at its default setting: 4 Hours (min).
12. Click on the Save button.
13. Click Add Record.
14. Enter www in the Host Record field.
15. Enter target.clickfunnels.com in the Points To field.
16. Leave the TTL field at its default setting: 4 Hours (min).
17. Click Save.
Step 2: Add Your Domain Within ClickFunnels
Starting from the ClickFunnels dashboard navigate to account settings
From the account settings navigate to domains.
From the domains, menu select add new domain.
Select the option existing domain.
From the add your domain field you want to remove the www and then add your subdomain dot your domain.com then select a domain.
Since we have already configured Bluehost, please go ahead and select I have done this step.
Next, we need to associate this subdomain with one of your existing funnels from the menu options select associate funnel.
Your subdomain should now be verified.
Step 3: Secure Your New Domain
- Click the three dots next to your subdomain and then click Edit.
- Next to SSL, click Expand.
- Click Add SSL.
- Wait about 10-15 minutes, as per the notification.
- Return and click Expand.
- Click Check Now.
- When successful this a success message will appear.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.