This article will teach you about limitations and restrictions with the PayPal V1 integration. You should review these limitations if you intend to set up a 3rd party PayPal product.
Why you would need this
If you wish to use PayPal alongside another payment gateway and have setup a 3rd party PayPal product, this includes some notes and limitations to keep in mind.
What you will need
Note 1. Select the Proper Button Type
- When creating the PayPal button, you will need to select "Buy Now" for a one time purchase product.
- For a subscription product, make sure to choose "Subscriptions" as the button type.
- Buttons created using shopping Cart will not function properly.
Note 2. Order Confirmation
- ClickFunnels Order Confirmation pages will not work with PayPal, so direct your customers to a Thank You page after purchase.
- The reason the Order Confirmation page type won't work is because a customer coming from PayPal to the Order Confirmation page will appear as a new visitor due to how cookies and page linking.
Note 3. Fulfillment Email
- Make sure the SMTP settings in your account (My Account > Settings > SMTP Email Settings) are set up properly for your customers to receive a fulfillment e-mail after purchase.
Note 4. Order Testing
- The only way to really test your PayPal integration is to purchase the product with another PayPal account.
- You could also get a PayPal sandbox testing account. However, this requires a more complex setup and is not something we can provide support for.
- Our recommendation for testing is to lower your price to $1 and have a friend/colleague buy with their PayPal account. You can always refund after your test.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.