This article will teach you how to set up your ClickFunnels SMTP when using a domain registered in Namecheap. With this, you can leverage ClickFunnels SMTP with your existing Namecheap domain.
Why you would need this
If you have a name cheap domain and you would like to use Clickfunnels SMTP with your Namecheap purchased domain. The SMTP records [TXT, CNAME etc.,] would be added inside of your Namecheap account.
What you will need
- A Namecheap domain connected to ClickFunnels
- Access to your Namecheap DNS
- Actionetics MD
- ClickFunnels Mail SMTP Setup
Step 1 Using NameCheap Domain for ClickFunnels Email
Note: this setup is specifically for your ClickFunnels Email SMTP and is only available in Actionetics MD. If you are not subscribed to Actionetics MD, you will need to set up a 3rd party SMTP instead. DNS servers can sometimes take up to 48 hours to update.
- After saving your Integration, you'll be sent to a screen with various DNS records in ClickFunnels.
- Navigate to your Namecheap account.
- On the left, click "Domain List."
- Click on "Manage" next to your domain.
- Click "Advanced DNS."
- Under the existing record, click "Add New Record."
- Select the appropriate record from the dropdown list (i.e. TXT, CNAME, etc.)
- Copy the Host Input from ClickFunnels and paste into Host area.
- Copy the Data input from ClickFunnels and paste into the Points To area.
- Repeat this for all records.
Step 2 Adding Clickfunnels SMTP records To NameCheap
- Add records to your DNS in NameCheap
- Add Domain White Label Records To NameCheap DNS [TXT, CNAME]
- Link Whitelabel Records [CNAME, CNAME]
- Click the button to Validate DNS Records after you have added them to NameCheap
Note: Please review the instructions below carefully
Important Note: the domain and white-label records will show up in a long form. Keep in mind if you have added your domain to Clickfunnels with the "www" in front of it see the above image for the portion of the records which you will need to copy. If you have added your NameCheap domain without the www to Clickfunnels you can copy the entire host record on your screen.
name cheap wants it in the format
cfmail.wwwThis only applied if you have added the domain to Clickfunnels as
inside of Clickfunnels.
Please use the host value of
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.