This article is intended for troubleshooting a funnel page where your opt-ins are not being recorded or the page will not submit. Please work through the possible solutions in order of most likely to least likely to explore what may be preventing the data collection.
Why you would need this
Your funnel shows opt-ins but no contacts are being recorded. Or, your funnel is not submitting when someone clicks "Submit."
What you will need
Possible Solution #1: Your Submit Button Is Not Set Properly
- The most common reason a contact's information would not collect properly is due to the submit button being improperly set.
- On the page you wish to collect contacts, open the page editor by clicking "Edit Page."
- Once your page loads, click on the button you're using to submit the form.
- Click the green "Set Action" button.
- If the button is not set to "Submit Order/Submit Form," click to set it.
- If it is set, make sure to save your page and proceed to Possible Solution #2.
Possible Solution #2: Is There Custom Code On Your Page?
- Are you using any custom, 3rd party code on your page?
- If there is custom code, it may be interfering with the proper submission order of the page.
- From within your page editor, navigate to "Settings" and click "Tracking Code."
- Make sure to click on both the Header and Footer code and remove anything from there.
- After deleting any code, click the "X" on this screen and double-check your page.
- Save your page and retest your submission in an incognito window.
- If it still does not work, please proceed to Possible Solution #3.
Possible Solution #3: You Have An Incomplete Integration Setup
- Another reason this could occur is due to an incomplete integration setup on your funnel step.
- Still within your Page Editor, click on "Settings" and select "Integrations."
- If there is currently an integration connected, go ahead and click to "Remove Integration?"
- Once the integration is removed, your Email Integration Settings should look like this:
- With your email integration removed, save your page and retest your submission in an incognito window.
- If the page doesn't submit or the contact isn't recorded in ClickFunnels, continue to Possible Solution #4.
- If the page does submit, go ahead and re-add your email integration and test again in Incognito.
- If the page submits but the lead does not appear within your Autoresponder, please contact your autoresponder for further assistance.
Possible Solution #4: Check Your Custom Form Fields
- If you have custom form fields on your page, it's possible one or more of those fields could be interfering with the submission.
- For custom Input fields, check the Custom Type field (this is where you would name your field).
- Make sure this field contains no special characters (!@#$%^&*, etc.) and that it has just simple numbers and letters. If marked "Required" make sure you fill it in when testing.
- If you are using a custom drop-down selector, you'll want to be especially careful with this.
- Review each of the fields pointed out below to ensure they are named appropriately.
- Ensure the custom type name doesn't include special characters and that you use just simple letters and numbers.
- Under Value, keep your naming simple -don't add symbols or extra words. It's recommended you stick to abbreviations, initials, or a numbering convention to track this.
- Text can include more, but in general, keep the drop-down box size in mind to avoid issues.
- After ensuring all of this is set properly, save your page and test your funnel in incognito to see if it works from there.
What you can do now
If none of these solutions has fixed your page, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.