This Backpack Setup Checklist will guide you through and give you a better understanding of how to set up your own Backpack affiliate program. Each step on the checklist below has links to related documentation to aid in setting up an affiliate program using ClickFunnels’ Backpack feature.
By the end of this document, you should be able to answer:
- What are the steps for setting up a Backpack affiliate program?
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
- An active ClickFunnels account subscribed to the Platinum or higher plan
- A funnel created
Step by Step Walk Through:
Step 1. Add Affiliate Area Step & Affiliate Access Step To Your Funnel
Important Note: A funnel can’t be enabled for Backpack without adding an affiliate area and affiliate access steps.
1. Find and select the funnel you want to enable for your affiliates to promote.
2. Follow the directions on Adding the Affiliate Access step.
3. Follow the directions on Adding the Affiliate Area step.
Step 2. Create A Commission Plan
Step 3. Enable Backpack For Your Funnel (Making Your Funnel Commissionable)
1. Access the funnel’s Settings area.
2. Scroll down to the Backpack section.
a. Check the AFFILIATE ENABLED checkbox to enable Backpack for the funnel.
b. Select a commission plan from the COMMISSION PLAN dropdown menu.
c. (Optional) Enter the email address of the affiliate program manager. This address will be shown to your affiliates as the point of contact for the affiliate program.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Save And Update Settings.
Step 4. Create A New Affiliate Type And Add It To A Commission Plan
Step 5. Create Commissionable Products
Step 6. Customize Your Affiliate Area
Step 7. Sign Up New Affiliates
Step 8. Review and Pay Affiliates
Here are the key takeaways for this document:
- By following the steps in this guide you will be able to set up and have a better understanding of a Backpack Affiliate program.