Learn how to troubleshoot your SMTP Email Integration. To ensure that your Email Integration (SMTP) is working properly, by using MailTrap.io for safe email testing. Mailtrap is a fake SMTP server to test, view and share emails sent from the development and staging environments without spamming real customers.
What you will need:
Note: The Email Integration (SMTP) that you integrate must be an SMTP service for bulk marketing and transactional emails. Webmail hosts such as GoDaddy, Gsuite, Siteground, Namecheap, Zoho, etc. do not support using their SMTP for bulk marketing and transactional email.
If you have checked everything else for your Email Broadcasts and Follow Up Funnel Emails and emails still aren't sending, it is time to check your SMTP email integration.
Step 1: Sign Up For MailTrap.io
- Set up a free account with MailTrap.io
- After you have signed up for your account with MailTrap.io, you will need to get your SMTP credentials from within your MailTrap account.
- Replace the settings in your current SMTP configuration or add a new Email Integration (SMTP).
- Your setup for MailTrap should look similar to the information below:
Step 2: Trouble Shoot Your Follow-Up Funnel Or Broadcast
- Once you have updated or saved your SMTP settings, go back to your Email Broadcast or Follow-Up Funnel and change the SMTP settings to the MailTrap SMTP.
- If you are sending an Email Broadcast, you can send a test email to yourself. This email will not be delivered to your email inbox. It will be delivered to the MailTrap inbox.
- If you are sending a Follow-Up Funnel, you will need to add your contact to the email list that is connected to your Follow Up Funnel to trigger the emails. This email will not be delivered to your email inbox. It will be delivered to the MailTrap inbox.
Note: These emails can take up to five minutes to be delivered.
- If the emails do not arrive at the MailTrap inbox, please contact our support team.
- If the emails do arrive in the MailTrap inbox, please contact the support team for your SMTP service provider.
What you can do now:
If you require further assistance, you can click the support icon in the bottom-right corner of this page.