Learn how to troubleshoot your SMTP Email Integration. To ensure that your Email Integration (SMTP) is working properly, by using MailTrap.io for safe email testing. Mailtrap is a fake SMTP server to test, view and share emails sent from the development and staging environments without spamming real customers.
Prior to getting started, you will need the following:
Step 1: Sign Up For MailTrap.io
- Set up a free account with MailTrap.io
- After signing up for your account with MailTrap.io, get the SMTP credentials from within your MailTrap account.
- Replace the settings in your current SMTP configuration or add a new Email Integration (SMTP).
- Your setup for MailTrap should look similar to the information below:
Step 2: Trouble Shoot Your Follow-Up Funnel Or Broadcast
- Once you have updated or saved your SMTP settings, go back to your Email Broadcast or Follow-Up Funnel and change the SMTP settings to the MailTrap SMTP.
- If you are sending an Email Broadcast, you can send a test email to yourself. This email will not be delivered to your email inbox. It will be delivered to the MailTrap inbox.
- If you are sending a Follow-Up Funnel, you will need to add your contact to the email list that is connected to your Follow Up Funnel to trigger the emails. This email will not be delivered to your email inbox. It will be delivered to the MailTrap inbox. (These emails can take up to five minutes to be delivered.)
- If the emails do not arrive at the MailTrap inbox, please contact our support team.
- If the emails do arrive in the MailTrap inbox, please contact the support team for your SMTP service provider.
If you require further assistance, you can click the support icon in the bottom-right corner of this page.