In this article, we will cover how to create a new Affiliate Type. When running an affiliate program, you may want to set different commission rates for different affiliates based on their performance or sales. An affiliate type is a feature that allows you to organize affiliates by categories and set the commission rates the affiliates will receive.
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
- An active ClickFunnels account subscribed to the Platinum plan or higher
- A commission plan
How To Create A New Affiliate Type In Backpack:
1. Hover over Backpack and click on Affiliate types.
2. Click the Add Affiliate Type button.
3. In the New Affiliate Type popup:
4. Fill out the Name field. This is for your internal reference only.
5. Toggle the Set as default affiliate type? button to on (Optional).
6. Click the Create Affiliate Type button.
Important Note: Without a default affiliate type, you will need to manually add the affiliate type to each new affiliate's profile.
To complete the setup, you will need to set the commission settings for the affiliate type. Please continue to the steps below or check out this help document: Manage Commission Plans.
7. Hover over Backpack and click on Commission Plans.
8. Click the View button for the commission plan where you want to enable the new affiliate type.
9. Click the Add button:
10. In the Add Affiliate Schedule popup:
11. Fill out the Amount field.
This number will represent a commission percentage or fixed amount commission.
12. Fill out the Months Before Payout field.
This is also called a ‘cooling down’ period, and it is the time between the sale of a commissionable product and when the commission can be paid out to the affiliate. This allows time for refunds and disputes of charges.
13. Choose between Percent or Fixed for the Payment Type.
14. Click the Add Affiliate Schedule button.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.