Learn to connect your main domain registered through 1and1 with ClickFunnels.
You'll need this if you want to use a branded domain as your custom domain in ClickFunnels, which can help make your funnel unique and stand out with its own branding.
Prior to getting started, you will need:
Important Note: We currently do not support an IDN (International Domain Name). A special character is considered a letter that is not in the English alphabet. Some examples of specials characters are æ, ø, å, ö, ä, ü and é.
Important Note: This article is intended to teach you how to connect your main domain. If you create a CNAME record as shown here for "www" your main website will ONLY point to ClickFunnels. If you have an existing website at this destination you wish to keep, it is recommended you set up a subdomain instead.
Step 1: Create a Cname Record
- From within your 1and1 Account, click on Manage Domain in the middle of the screen.
- Click DNS on the navigation menu.
- Locate the A record with the www Host Name.
- Click the gear icon to the right of this record and click Delete Record.
- On the next screen, click Delete.
- Select Add record.
- Click CNAME.
- Enter www as the Host Name.
- Enter target.clickfunnels.com as Points To value.
- Leave TTL at 1 hour.
- Click Save.
- You may get a "service will be disabled" message. Scroll down and click Save again if this appears.
- Once back on your DNS screen, confirm the new CNAME record for WWW exists.
Step 2. Forward Your Root Domain
- From your DNS screen, scroll up above the DNS navigation and click Adjust Destination.
- Click Forward Domain.
- Under Redirect to destination enter https://www.domain.com (replace "domain" with your root domain name).
- Note you may need to uncheck ¨Also set up for www subdomain¨
- Click Save.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.