This article will teach you how to connect your main domain registered through 1and1 with ClickFunnels. With this, you can create a custom domain in ClickFunnels to use on your funnels.
What you will need:
Note: this article is intended to teach you how to connect your main domain. If you create a CNAME record as shown here for "www" your main website will ONLY point to ClickFunnels. If you have an existing website at this destination you wish to keep, it is recommended you setup a subdomain instead.
Step 1. Create a Cname Record
- From within your 1and1 Account, click on "Manage Domain" in the middle of the screen.
- Click "DNS" along the navigation menu.
- Locate the A record with the "www" Host Name.
- Click the gear icon to the right of this record and click "Delete Record."
- On the next screen, click "Delete."
- Select "Add record."
- Click "CNAME."
- Enter www as the Host Name.
- Enter target.clickfunnels.com as Points To value.
- Leave TTL at 1 hour.
- Click "Save."
- You may get a "service will be disabled" message. Scroll down and click "Save" again if this appears.
- Once back on your DNS screen, confirm the new CNAME record for WWW exists.
Step 2. Forward Your Root Domain
- From your DNS screen, scroll up above the DNS navigation and click "Adjust Destination."
- Click "Forward Domain."
- Under Redirect to destination enter "https://www.domain.com" (replace "domain" with your root domain name).
- Click "Save."
What you can do now
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.