What you will need:
- A 1and1 Account (sign up for one here)
- Access to Your 1and1 DNS
**Please note: this article is intended to teach you how to connect your main domain. If you create a CNAME record as shown here for "www" your main website will ONLY point to ClickFunnels. If you have an existing website at this destination you wish to keep, it is recommended you setup a subdomain instead.**
Step One: Create a Cname Record
- From within your 1and1 Account, click on "Manage Domain" in the middle of the screen.
- Click "DNS" along the navigation menu.
- Locate the A record with the "www" Host Name.
- Click the gear icon to the right of this record and click "Delete Record."
- On the next screen, click "Delete."
- Select "Add record."
- Click "CNAME."
- Enter www as the Host Name.
- Enter target.clickfunnels.com as Points To value.
- Leave TTL at 1 hour.
- Click "Save."
- You may get a "service will be disabled" message. Scroll down and click "Save" again if this appears.
- Once back on your DNS screen, confirm the new CNAME record for WWW exists.
Step Two: Forward Your Root Domain
- From your DNS screen, scroll up above the DNS navigation and click "Adjust Destination."
- Click "Forward Domain."
- Under Redirect to destination enter "https://www.domain.com" (replace "domain" with your root domain name).
- Click "Save."
Step Three: Add Your Domain Within Clickfunnels
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.