Learn about the email double opt-in confirmation process.
Why you would need this
To confirm your subscriber before adding them to a list in Actionetics. You may want to force a user to confirm before you send them through a long follow- up sequence. This can help cut down on bounces (for invalid email) & spam complains (from people who don't use their own email).
It can also help weed out people who use a valid email they have access to but do not have the motivation to ever check any of your emails (which will cut down on the total number of emails sent, and make your follow-up sequence more targeted to individuals who are actively interested, cutting down on your SMTP bills)
What you will need
- Actionetics and/or
- 2 Email Lists (General Subscribers and Confirmed Subscribers)
- Follow-Up Funnel Email Messenger
- ClickOptIn Link From The Confirmation Page
Note: If you are using a third party autoresponder to set up the double opt-in process, please reach out to your third-party autoresponder for instructions.
General Set-Up Overview Per Video Above
- Opt-In page (take email) > Collect email, Add Contact To General Subscribers Email List, Send them a verification email via Follow-Up Funnel.
- Thank you page > Tell them to check their email.
- In Follow Up Funnel Email Messenger Email > Add ClickOptIn Link To Text or Button.
- On Opt-In page (confirm email) > add them to a confirmed subscriber email list.
- Thank you page > Tell them they have successfully opted in.
- Create two email lists (general subscribers and confirmed subscribers)
- Create Opt-In Page and Thank You Page
- Add Subscribers To Your Actionetics General Subscribers Email List, Learn how to do this inside your editor HERE
- Create Confirmation Page
- Add Email Integration To Actionetics Add To Confirmed Subscribers List, Learn how to do this inside of your editor HERE
- Create Confirmation Thank You Page
- Get ClickOptIn Link of the Confirmation Page
- Create A Follow Up Funnel Email Messenger connected to the general subscriber's email list
- Link the ClickOptIn Link of the Confirmation Page In Your Funnel To Some Text or Button In Your Email Messenger
- Confirmed subscribers who click the linked text or button will be automatically added to the Confirmed Subscribers Email List.
Please note: this process is only a workaround it is not an official or "real" double opt-in function, it will only make sure that subscribers you send emails to are "confirmed". We are working on updating the system to allow for double opt-in functionality.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.