Please note: This article is intended for troubleshooting a "missing purchase" error when testing your order form. If you have not yet connected your Payment Gateway, please start with this article.
Challenge: Funnel shows “missing purchase” error when doing a test purchase in your funnel.
Terms to Understand: Please visit our Payment Gateway FAQ here before going through this troubleshooting article.
Possible Solution #1: Adding Your Product
- In ClickFunnels, you must add a product on your Order Form page before you can utilize a payment gateway. With that in mind, the first thing to check is whether you have a product created on your page.
- Start by navigating to your Order Form page in the funnel.
- Along the top navigation options, click "Products."
- If there is no product here, you will need to click "Add Product."
- From here, follow the directions on setting up a product in ClickFunnels.
- Once you've added a product, proceed to test your order form again.
- If there is a product, please proceed to Possible Solution #2.
Possible Solution #2: Review Your Product Settings
- If you do have a product in place, you'll want to review the settings to ensure everything is complete.
- Begin by clicking "Edit" next to your existing product.
- If this is the only product on the page, make sure the "Order Bump" option is left unchecked (as per image below).
- Check each other field, including the product type to ensure it's properly set to either "One Time" or "Subscription."
- If it is a subscription, you may need to review the product in your payment gateway to ensure it shows up properly.
- Otherwise, if everything looks good in your product settings, please proceed to Possible Solution #3.
Possible Solution #3: Investigate The Elements On Your Page
- When you've explored the above steps, the next place to look is on your Order Form page itself to ensure all the right elements are in place.
- Begin by clicking "Edit Page" on your Order Form step.
- While in the page editor, you'll want to ensure there are four different elements in place:
- Select Product 2.0
- Credit Card Form
- Button (set to "Submit Order")
- You can have additional elements as well, but these four are necessary to ensure your Order Form works properly.
- If one or more is missing, make sure to add it to the page.
- If none are missing, make sure to confirm the Product Selection element is a "Select Product 2.0" elements. Sometimes, an older template may have an outdated product selector.
- Next, remove your Credit Card Form (pointed to in the image below) and re-add that form.
- Finally, confirm your button is really set to "Submit Order."
- Once all this is corrected, save your changes and test in an incognito window.
Possible Solution #4: Remove Any Custom Code
- If none of the above solves your "missing purchase" error, the next step is to check your page for custom code.
- Due to the security on Order Form pages, it is recommend you remove any on-page Custom Code for testing.
- Next, check your "Settings" and make sure to clear out any "Tracking Codes" in there.
- Once these codes are removed, make sure to test your order form again.
Possible Solution #5: Review Your Payment Gateway
- If all of the above solutions do not work, the next step would be to login to your Payment Gateway and ensure everything is running properly there.
- Depending on the gateway you are using, these steps can vary.
- We recommend you explore the specific troubleshooting article for your gateway found here.
If you are still having trouble connecting your Payment Gateway or encountering a "missing purchase" error, please reach out to our support team using the help widget on the bottom right of this page.