Review common questions regarding payment gateways in ClickFunnels. If you wish to learn more about how taking payments work in ClickFunnels, this can be a helpful resource. If you have specific questions about payment gateways in ClickFunnels or are looking to better understand common terms around your gateway, you'll find answers here.
Prior to getting started, you will need the following:
Terms to Understand
- Before reviewing the FAQs below, please review the following terms. These can be especially helpful if you are new to working with payment gateways.
- API: This refers to an application program interface, which is essentially the protocol for building software applications. For payment purposes, API refers to the protocol employed to communicate between ClickFunnels and your payment gateway of choice and is what allows you to accept payments through a ClickFunnels Order Form page.
- HTTPS: Standing for "HyperText Transfer Protocol Secure," this indicates that information on the page is encrypted for a more secure connection.
- One-Time Product: This references any product that you are looking to sell. In this case, specifically a product you wish to sell in ClickFunnels.
- Order Form Page: For any API integration, an Order Form page is required to create products and submit payment information.
- Payment Gateway: A payment gateway is any merchant service that allows for the acceptance of credit cards. ClickFunnels does not have its own payment gateway, which is why we connect with outside providers via API
- Subscription Product: Sometimes referred to as "payment plan" or "recurring payment," a subscription product in ClickFunnels refers to any product that is billed more than once.
- Third-Party Cart Integration: These integrations do not connect via API. In these instances, visitors actually pay directly through the Third Party cart and have to leave your ClickFunnels page to complete the order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What geographical locations does each Payment Gateway support?
Answer: Geographic locations are set by each Payment Gateway. ClickFunnels does not support which locations each payment gateway accepts. It is recommended that you reach out the the SUPPORT TEAM for your corresponding payment gateway to check your location and if you can accept payments.
Question: Can I issue a refund inside of ClickFunnels?
Answer: Stripe will allow you to refund One Time Products ONLY inside of ClickFunnels. Subscription products in Stripe will need to be refunded inside of the Stripe Payment Gateway. All other payment gateways will require that you issue the refund inside of the payment gateway you are using for your funnel.
Question: How many payment gateways can I have in my account?
Answer: If you are subscribed to the $97/month Plan, you can have one (1) payment integration. If you are subscribed to the $297/month ClickFunnels Platinum plan instead, you would be allowed three (3) total payment gateway integrations. You would still be limited to just one of each Third Party Cart Integration.
Question: Do I need more than one payment gateway?
Answer: Many who are processing large volumes online prefer to have multiple payment gateways for a variety of reasons. Though many members prefer this, you do not need more than one, especially if you are getting started.
Question: Is payment information collected by ClickFunnels?
Answer: Using API to pass payment information directly to your payment gateway means that ClickFunnels doesn't directly collect any information submitted through the funnel. To help ensure protection while the data is passed, Order Form pages do employ a higher level of security than a standard page and require HTTPS to work properly.
Question: Is payment information submitted through a funnel secure?
Answer: Since the information is processed directly through your chosen payment gateway via API, the information is as secure as the gateway you use. In general, payment gateways employ the highest level of security available online, keeping your information safe. Since exact protocols can vary, it is recommended you consult the specific gateway you intend to connect with ClickFunnels for details.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.