In this article, you will learn how to add a text area to your Clickfunnels page.
Why you would need this
The text area element allows visitors to enter multiple lines of additional text when filling out a form or completing an application. This may be useful if you need to collect longer responses from users when they opt into your pages or apply to a coaching program.
What you will need
- Clickfunnels Page. Click here to learn how to get started.
Step 1 Add Text Area Element
- Click on Add New Element from within a row or click on the "+" below an existing element.
- Search or Select the element from the list.
- Drag it onto the page.
Step 2 Edit Settings
- Click on the Gear icon on the text area element orange border to open the settings.
- Edit the element and adjust the Settings as desired.
- Top margin - Add space above your element.
- Input Type - Select custom for the input type.
- Custom Type - Enter text for the custom type. (letters and numbers only)
- Placeholder Text - Choose what text you want to initially appear in the input field.
- Required - Select whether the field is required to submit the form.
- Font Family - Change the font of the text.
- Font Size - Change the size of the text.
Advanced Style Settings
- Text Align - Choose the justification for the text.
- Font Weight - Select the weight (bold) of the text.
- Corners - Adjust the amount of rounding around the edges of the element.
- Height - Adjust the vertical height of the input box.
- BG Color - Change the background color.
- Timed Delay - fade in or fade in with scale.
- Type - On page load or on page scroll for the delay that you have set.
What you can do now
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.