Funnel Creation and Management
The average cart value is a calculation featured in the stats area of your funnel. This calculation shows the average amount that is collected per customer throughout your entire funnel. This article will show where you can view the average cart value as well as how the average is calculated.
The average cart value is calculated by dividing the Gross Sales (total revenue, including upsells/downsells) divided by the number of sales on the order page.
Example: If the total revenue for your funnel came to $150 USD, and there were 12 sales on your order page, then the average cart value would come to $12.50 USD:
$150 / 12 = $12.50
By the end of this document, you should be able to answer:
- Where can I find the average cart value statistic for each of my funnels?
- How is the average cart value calculated?
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
Please watch the video below, in full screen:
Step by Step Walk Through:
1. Hover over the ClickFunnels tab at the top of the dashboard and click Funnels.
2. Select the sales funnel for which you would like to view the stats by:
- Using the search feature
- Scrolling down the list of funnels and clicking on the funnel’s name
3. Click the Stats tab near the top center of your funnel dashboard.
4. The average cart value will be one of the three featured stats at the top of the Stats page.
You can view your funnel’s average cart value for a specific period of time by adjusting the stats filter.
More information on Urchin Tracking Module (UTM Parameters) can be found by clicking the link here.
Important Note: If the payment gateway used is in test mode, then you will only see stats for your test mode purchases. Turn off test mode in order to see your live funnel’s stats:
- Click the Settings tab in the upper right hand corner of your funnel dashboard.
- Scroll to the integration you would like to stop testing and click the Test Mode button to toggle it off.
Here are the key takeaways for this document:
The average cart value statistic reflects the average amount customers spend within a funnel, and can be found on the funnel stats page.
The average cart value is calculated by dividing the total revenue by the number of sales on the order page.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.