Domain forwarding allows you to forward your ClickFunnels purchased domains inside of your ClickFunnels account by taking your URL and redirecting it to your destination URL. For example, take domainname.com/path and redirect it to google.com.
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
Step 1: Access ClickFunnels Domain Forwarding
Starting from the ClickFunnels dashboard navigate to account settings
From the account settings navigate to domains.
- Select the ClickFunnels Purchased Domain that you would like to set up forwarding for.
- Scroll to Domain Forwarding and click Expand.
- Click Add to add a forwarding rule to your domain.
Step 2: Domain Forwarding Set Up
- Choose the forwarding Priority 1-16 (Lower numbers will take precedence over higher numbers).
- Enter your Pattern URL (Patterns will do partial matching by default and MUST start with your purchased domain name).
- Enter your Destination URL(The destination URL can point anywhere). In this example, we will send cfsupportisamazing.com/1 to Bing.com
- Mark Active if Is this Rule ready to be turned on and active.
- If you turn on Exact matching this will disable partial matching and only match exact URLs (optional).
For example, if Exact is active only if is put in exactly as cfsupportisamazing.com/1 will go to bing.com, however, if Exact is off then any path after the URL will go to be eg: cfsupportisamazing.com/1go or cfsupportisamazing.com/134325 will go to bing.com.
- Click Save.
- If successful you will have a success message appear.
- You can then see your forwarding rule, note it may take some time for it to appear.
Step 3: Domain Forwarding of the root domain purchased with ClickFunnels.
- For the domain settings, go to Edit Zone Records, and click Expand.
- Then find the 2 records
- ALIAS, with a value to target.clickfunnels.com
- TXT, with a value of ALIAS for target.clickfunnels.com
- Click the edit button and delete button to remove them.
- Once you have removed the 2 records, go back into Edit Zone Records area, and add a new URL Record
- Leave the Name field empty and in the Value field enter where you want to send the domain in this example we want to send them to https://google.com
- Click Save.
- You will then see a record that looks like this, it may take 24-48 hours to propagate.