Domain forwarding allows you to forward your domains inside of your ClickFunnels account by taking your URL and redirecting it to your destination URL. For example, take domainname.com/path and redirect it to google.com.
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
- A domain Connected to you account
- Selecting Default Pages
Step 1: Access ClickFunnels Domain Forwarding
Starting from the ClickFunnels dashboard navigate to account settings
From the account settings navigate to domains.
- Select the Domain that you would like to set up forwarding for.
- Scroll to Domain Forwarding and click Expand.
- Click Add to add a forwarding rule to your domain.
Step 2: Domain Forwarding Set Up
- Choose the forwarding Priority 1-16 (Lower numbers will take precedence over higher numbers).
- Enter your Pattern URL (Patterns will do partial matching by default and MUST start with your purchased domain name).
- Enter your Destination URL(The destination URL can point anywhere). In this example, we will send cfsupportisamazing.com/1 to Bing.com
- Mark Active if Is this Rule ready to be turned on and active.
- Leave exact matching set to off. If you turn on Exact matching this will disable partial matching and only match exact URLs (optional).
For example, if Exact is active only if is put in exactly as cfsupportisamazing.com/1 will go to bing.com, however, if Exact is off then any path after the URL will go to be eg: cfsupportisamazing.com/1go or cfsupportisamazing.com/134325 will go to bing.com.
- Click Save.
- If successful you will have a success message appear.
- You can then see your forwarding rule, note it may take some time for it to appear.
Instead, it will land on https://yourdomain.com/path1/path2