If you would like to create a Broadcast using one of your 3rd party integrations, this article will show you how. A Broadcast will allow you to set a one-off action that will be applied to your contacts on a given email list.
If you want to create a Broadcast using the ClickFunnels Internal app, please refer to this tutorial here. When using the Internal app, the action will be performed by ClickFunnels directly.
If you want to send a one-time email, instead, review this article here.
By the end of this document, you should be able to answer:
- Why would I want to create a Broadcast using a 3rd party app?
- What type of actions can be triggered by creating a Broadcast with a 3rd party app?
- How do I create a Broadcast using a 3rd party app?
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
- An active ClickFunnels account on the Platinum Plan or higher
- At least one Third-Party Integration connected to your ClickFunnels account
- An email list created in your account
Please watch the video below, in full screen:
If you would like to trigger a one-time mass action for your contacts on an email list, so it is performed/applied by a 3rd party app, you can create a 3rd party app Broadcast.
Please note that the available actions will vary depending on the 3rd party integration you choose when creating the Broadcast.
For example, when using an autoresponder, you can:
- Add/delete contacts to/from a list
- Add/delete tags to/from your contacts
- Unsubscribe contacts
Other available actions:
- Registering to a webinar session
- Sending SMS & more
Creating A 3rd Party App Broadcast:
1. Hover over the Follow-Up Funnels drop-down menu and click Broadcasts.
2. Click on the New Broadcast button.
3. Add a name in the Broadcast Name field.
4. Select the 3rd-Party App you would like to use for the Broadcast below the 3rd-Party Apps section.
You can see which actions are available for your integration(s) on the Add New Broadcast page by hovering over the integration you wish to use. You will see this on the top right corner of your screen.
Selecting an app will automatically take you to the next step.
5. Add a Group Tag to create a group of Broadcasts or save this Broadcast to a group you've already created. (Optional)
6. Select a 3rd Party App integration from the Send From drop-down menu.
7. Select the ClickFunnels list(s) to which your Broadcast will be applied under the Who Will Receive This Broadcast? section.
You can select multiple lists.
8. Add a Filter Rule to restrict which contacts in your list will receive the action by clicking the + Add Rule Group button. (Optional)
By default, we'll send to everyone on your list(s) or you can restrict the action to only contacts who meet certain rules.
9. Click Next.
10. Select the Action you would like the Broadcast to carry out.
The options will vary depending on the 3rd party integration you’re using.
11. Click Next.
12. Set the Schedule for your Broadcast by choosing one of the following options:
a. Toggle on the Send Now switch to start your Broadcast immediately after finishing the setup. (Optional)
b. Click the date on the calendar below Send At to indicate when you would like to start/send your Broadcast once the setup is complete.
c. Select the time to start the Broadcast under Send Time.
13. Click Next.
14. On the Summary page, review the Broadcast’s setup to make sure everything is correct.
a. Click the Send Now button if your Broadcast is ready and you previously chose to send it immediately after review. The Broadcast will be placed under the Sent tab.
b. Or, click the Queue to Send button if your Broadcast is ready and you previously chose to send your Broadcast at a future date and time. The Broadcast will be placed under the Queued tab.
c. Click Exit to Overview if you would like to save the Broadcast as a draft. The Broadcast will be placed under the Drafts tab.
Here are the key takeaways for this document:
- If you would like to trigger a one-time mass action for your contacts on an email list, so it is performed/applied by a 3rd party app, you can create a 3rd party app Broadcast.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.