Funnel Creation & Management
Setting up an integration within your product settings will allow you to follow up with customers who buy your product. This article will explain how to set up an integration to trigger an action for your buyers only.
By the end of this document, you should be able to answer:
- What is a follow-up action for buyers?
- Why would I need to set up a follow-up action for buyers?
- Where do I need to set up a follow-up action for buyers?
- What type of follow-up actions can I set for buyers?
- How do I set up a follow-up action for buyers?
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
- An Active ClickFunnels Account
- A Funnel Created
- An Order Page With A One-Time or Subscription Product Created
- An Autoresponder Integration
- An SMTP Email Integration
Please watch the video below, in full screen:
Setting Up An Integration Within Your Product To Follow Up With Your Buyers
A follow-up action for buyers is an automatic response exclusively for customers who purchase your product. Setting up an integration within the product settings will only trigger the action with successful purchases, not failed purchases.
Important Note: Setting up an integration within the Page Editor of an Order Page (Order Form, Upsell, Downsell, or Order Confirmation) can break the page and/or cause the action to trigger with failed purchases.
You will be able to set an action using the ClickFunnels Internal app or an Autoresponder Integration.
Please note that the available actions will vary depending on the integration you choose. Most integrations will allow you to:
- Add To List
- Remove From List
Other available actions include:
- Registering to a webinar session
- Sending SMS & more
Step by Step Walk Through:
1. Access the Funnels Page by hovering over the ClickFunnels drop-down menu from your dashboard and clicking on Funnels.
2. Choose the funnel you want to access by clicking on the Funnel Name.
3. Select your Order Step. This could be an Order Form, Upsell, or Downsell step.
4. Click on the Products tab of your Order Step.
5. Click on the Edit button to access your product’s settings.
6. Click on the Follow-Up Actions option on the top navigation bar.
7. Click on the switch to enable the Follow-Up Actions.
8. Select your integration from the Select from existing integrations section.
Important Note: By default, you’ll have the ClickFunnels Internal app to choose from. If you want to use a 3rd party autoresponder integration and you haven’t added one to your account yet, you can click on the Go To Integrations link to go through that process.
9. Click on the action that you want to trigger for your buyers.
Important Note: If you want to receive an Email Notification to a particular email address every time a customer buys, you need to have an SMTP Email Integration in your account.
10. Select the item from the drop-down menu.
This can be a list, a tag, a form, etc.
11. Click on the Save and Close or Save and Next button.
Here are the key takeaways for this document:
Setting up an integration within your product settings will allow you to follow up with customers who buy your product. Whether you want to add them to a list, remove them from a list, receive an email notification after purchase, etc.
Setting up an integration within the Page Editor of an Order Page (Order Form, Upsell, Downsell, or Order Confirmation) can break the page and/or cause the action to trigger with failed purchases.
- You will be able to set an action using the ClickFunnels Internal app or a 3rd party Autoresponder Integration. The available actions will vary depending on the integration you choose.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.